pcs usb cable driver and base tune

seriousdiesel

Just swapped my 5r for a BTS 4R100. I swapped in a new 4r100 pcs harness and it now includes a usb cable. I finished all my wiring and plugged it up to check everything out and it says It needs a driver. I dont have a clue what driver it needs, and of course Its after 5 anyplace in the US and no one will be open to contact tomorrow. Does anyone have or know where to get the driver for the new pcs supplied cable? does anyone have a base tune so I can at least get around the block to check everything out?

Nathan

how the hell did I get a smiley in the title??? guess i cant edit the title LOL.

Who is bts? And who's controller is being used? What version of windows?

You look like a newb with that accidental smiley in there :hehe:

Last edited:
You will need to modify the base tune as in the past it was just set for solenoid mapping and you need to set your shift points.

BTS is Brians truck shop. Hes one of the best ford trans builders there is. He built me a 4R100 gas case, with a 5R110 converter and his new 5R110 output shaft. He garuntees it will hold 1200hp, and dared me to break it. Brians Truck Shop The driver software on PCS' site is for vista and win 7 only, Im using windows xp. I tried it anyway and it wouldn't even install. The new cable is a usb cord that terminates in a gm weather pack style connector at the pcs harness, and shows up in my computer hardware as a PCS usb to serial cable so Im assuming PCS is the only place to get the driver, but I was hoping someone here might have had it. Also Mo smoke I don't have a base tune Brian wanted me to use a tune he had so it had line psi and lockup to his satisfaction. I was just looking for a tune to make a short run and check all my stuff out.

And there is your problem. You must have drivers for xp. Or get a win7 machine.

Interesting claims on the trans! The man must know his stuff!

I know i need an xp driver, this is not my first day with a computer or a pcs for that matter. I was just hoping someone had it so i didnt have to wait until monday.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

I know i need an xp driver, this is not my first day with a computer or a pcs for that matter. I was just hoping someone had it so i didnt have to wait until monday.

I never used a pcs. Shouldn't their website have the necessary drivers on it? Did you try the win7 driver? Sometimes they work on xp...

pic is worth 100 words

DSC00195_zps568b2f77.jpg

DSC00196_zpsd00bce06.jpg

DSC00197_zps0082eb2e.jpg

Not your average usb to serial cable. Tried the drivers from your link Dockboy, No good. thinking Ill give up until Monday.

That is not a usb to serial adapter as far as I can tell. That does not mean that there is not an ftdi or similar IC downstream of the connector, but they may have moved to native USB. Have you tried installing the latest package of their software? The drivers *may* be included. Why not call PCS?

Also, according to their website, the usb to serial driver they provide is 64 bit and as such will not work with Windows XP (extremely few XP machines are 64 bit).

Louis

I plan on calling them on Monday, I was just hoping to be able to check all my harness wiring and do a short drive this weekend. the hardware popup on my computer says "PCS USB to serial cable" and asks to install hardware is why I'm calling it that. It does look like native usb but its not operating like native usb. the software version is the latest at least the latest one on PCS' site.

2.13.5 is the latest, there is a shift point mapping issue in 2.9 that most people do not use. You also need the Firmware to compliment it or it will do weird stuff. I use both on my PC when fixing customers files.

Last edited:
Is it on the pcs site? All i saw was 2.9.0.
Can you email it to me? Ill pm you.

Back