pcs wiring help

Sfinch

Just sit back and learn
A little introduction my name is sawyer, I'm from Weatherford TX. I've been in the diesel world for several years now, but until recently I never had the funds to build my own drag truck. so now that I do....:evil

So anyway I started with a 2005 f250 4x4 5.4l gas single cab long bed then I bought a 98 12v and rebuilt with some go fast parts. I had BTS build me a 4r100 to go behind it. but now I have ran into some problems wiring the pcs into the truck. I have read several threads on here and a couple other forums. But I just can't seem to find the right wires for what I need. All of the other threads were for older trucks 1999 to 2003 and I am having trouble finding the pin outs for the 05. So here is what I need help with. Thanks for the help

1) What 2 wires are needed for the start circuit

2) What 2 wires are needed for the backup lights

3) what 2 wires are need for the 4x4 module? I have a manual shifted transfer case just fyi.

4) what wire to tie into the speed for the pcs.

understand your pcs problems, everyone has them and none of the dealers are too much help. Personally I can't help either since mine is a 97, but if you contact Tim (MoSmoke), I bet he would be the most help. Good luck!

First off did you buy a PCS harness? I hope you did as I spent 2 night working on a harness for my 4r100 and gave up and bought the harness. I have done tons of wiring in the past and gave up. Could be that I could spend 175 bucks and be done.

As for the wires which ones are you looking for PCS or vehicle side?

Start circuit all the vehicle wants to see is that its in park or netural. Should be two wires in the PRNDL switch on the transmission same for reverse.

The vehicle speed for the actually vehicle/abs comes off the rear diff and front wheel speed sensors.

To get vehicle speed for the PCS I pulled mine from the tail shaft off the 4r100.

shouldnt need any wire for the 4x4 module for the PCS. Unless you want to change shifting parameter is 4x4 low. To me that wasnt that big of a deal.

Mike

understand your pcs problems, everyone has them and none of the dealers are too much help. Personally I can't help either since mine is a 97, but if you contact Tim (MoSmoke), I bet he would be the most help. Good luck!

Thanks i was hoping he would chime in on this at some point he seems to know a lot about it.

First off did you buy a PCS harness? I hope you did as I spent 2 night working on a harness for my 4r100 and gave up and bought the harness. I have done tons of wiring in the past and gave up. Could be that I could spend 175 bucks and be done.

As for the wires which ones are you looking for PCS or vehicle side?

Start circuit all the vehicle wants to see is that its in park or netural. Should be two wires in the PRNDL switch on the transmission same for reverse.

The vehicle speed for the actually vehicle/abs comes off the rear diff and front wheel speed sensors.

To get vehicle speed for the PCS I pulled mine from the tail shaft off the 4r100.

shouldnt need any wire for the 4x4 module for the PCS. Unless you want to change shifting parameter is 4x4 low. To me that wasnt that big of a deal.

Mike

I did buy the pcs harness from them and i am looking for the wires on the truck to tie into.
so did you tap the wire ment for the speed into the output shaft sensor or do you set it up in the tune that way

My harness came with connectors to plug into the tail shaft sensor. That is where the PCS is getting it speed input.

The vehicle gets it speed (used for abs and instrument cluster) from the rear diff and front wheel speed sensors.

I think thats what your asking.

Do you have a wiring diagrahm for the truck? If so the wires for the P/N/R should be really easy to find and tie into.

MIke

ok i have the connectors on the trans but i have another wire that has a speedometer tag on it that i'm not sure about.[ame="http://s1307.photobucket.com/user/Sawyer_Finch/media/f250/2A3AA69C-02A4-49A8-A77B-A7BDCD1F8D6C_zpst9kai5af.jpg.html"]2A3AA69C-02A4-49A8-A77B-A7BDCD1F8D6C_zpst9kai5af.jpg Photo by Sawyer_Finch | Photobucket[/ame]

Orange/white wire that is labeled speedo is an output coming out of the PCS. You can use this wiring to power the speedo thats in the vehicle put it is not need as Ford pulls from the ABS module not PCM.

In other words dont worry about this wire.

Mike

The only wires you should need to hook up other then the connectors for the pcs are

Brake light/switch this will be used to unlock the converter.

Throttle posistion sensor

RPM is opitional if you want to change tables based on RPM.

Last edited:
Ok thank you turbom700 for all of the help. I will get all of those hooked up and see if i can finally get it going.:thankyou2:

Let me know if you have any questions. I just finished mine up about a week ago. Still have some fine tuning todo but its working great.

I set up a 3 position switch on mine,

up is tow haul mode. Holds the shifts longer and lock the the converter on down shifts to add in engine braking

Middle is just normal driving

down is manual mode. This is tied into to digitail inputs off the cruise controll on/off switch. In manual mode when I hit the on button it up shifts and off it down shifts. havent complete been able to play with it yet but on jack stands its working like it should. Kinda of a cool feature that I'm sure I will use 1% of the time lol

Mike

Back