PDD Dyno Death Match

Well, the numbers were lower than expected, but at least both trucks still run an no headgaskets or transmissions were injured in the making of the live feed. 6.7 did 686 HP and Frankenstein 12v 5.9 did 1008 HP.

Ouch, way lower then I expected. Where did you guys run at? Do u have your own dyno?

I had good video the majority of the time but when the 12v went on the audio went out and didn't work again till he got on to say that it was over etc etc, never really got to hear that triple spool up.

Dyno is located here at the shop, it is our own dyno. This is honestly the first time Todd's truck had been on it so with more tuning and higher timing, we think the numbers will come up. Although the dyno seems conservative, the track numbers from both Frankenstein and my daily driver are very close to measured HP on the dyno. As tempting as it is to re-calibrate the dyno to show big numbers for bragging, we love to drag race and having numbers in-line with track times is more helpful that inflated numbers for bragging on the internet. Put it this way, if you make 1,000 HP on our dyno, your truck is a hot rod!!!

Dyno Specs:

Mustang MD1750 - dual eddy brake dyno with massive 50" rollers and 3,000 lbs of inertia and 1,200 HP worth of EDDY Brake as needed to coax big boost and load up the trucks.
Dyno location is 5710' above sea level, on-board weather station is currently calling for an 18% correction factor, we will manually over-ride the correction factor before the first truck runs and set it to exactly 1/2 of weather station correction so roughly 9% correction factor will be added by the dyno software for altitude and weather conditions.

Back