perform service code on over head

dieselram17

my truck just rolled over 80,000 miles and threw the perform service code on overhead im wondering if this is a ccv filter problem? my buddys truck is throwing power reduce see dealer exhaust 100% full both trucks are dpf egr deleted mine has h&s xrt his has cummins tuner wondering if his is same any advice will be appriciated thanks.

It's either CCV, fuel filter or DPF.

Most Likely CCV tho.

dpf is deleted on both trucks and i have a brand new air dog he has stock filter but it was recently changed

For your buddies truck I would try to redownload the xrt first. And go from there.

Are both trucks Saying see dealer now Dpf 100% full reduced power?

no just his all mine says is perform service
and he has cummins tuner i have xrt but im getting a cummins tuner this week

Cummins tuner? I take it that's some sort of efi live tuning?

My truck does this too (perform service), but i thought it was the factory setting for when the oil needs to be changed. I just havent looked on how to reset it yet.

Mine is an 09 withe efi and deleted

Last edited:
There is a reset for the over head.

Begin with truck off. Engine off.

Turn key on. Do not start engine. Press brake pedal HARD to the floor twice. Then accelerator pedal to the floor fully to the floor twice. Then turn key off. All with in 15 seconds. Then turn key on. And start engine. DODGE will appear in bold letters in the over head. That's how you know it has been reset.

Thanks Gibson!

I do get a "dpf full" message every now and then, but iwas told that was just an efi live thing, and were still working on it. Other than that, no problems

Back