Phill's 05 spring build

Farmerphill

I wanted to post my project up here and also use it as a resource for some questions I'm going to have along the way.

My truck, 05 qcsb 4x4 48re.

FBCC97A9-B91E-48FD-A064-36D9583F9C11-5701-000003B01A544377.jpg

image-8.jpg

What I have in my sig is up to date but I'm happy to say It won't be in a month or so.

Pretty much wanting to build a mean street machine that I may take to the track a few times.

Currently have compound Garrett's being built, and a head being worked on.
I already have my fire ringed block and coated pistons and a bunch of gauges waiting at home.

Also bought some 625's and have an order in for 12'er rods, girdle, engine mounts.

When money goes from negative to avaible in the next month ill be getting some injectors and pumps from Shane....

Ill try to add and keep organized and post pics when I can
Thanks

I'm guessing its some sort of packaging to keep the dirt out of the frame.... I was wondering that too. Just some photos the builder sent me

On second thought it looks like it's supost to be there, haha I don't know!

Last edited:
I like my mirrors out so I can see better when I'm parking in town or backing up..... Isn't that the point of mirrors? They work better for me like that so that's how I use them thanks

I like my mirrors out so I can see better when I'm parking in town or backing up..... Isn't that the point of mirrors? They work better for me like that so that's how I use them thanks

I think they fit your truck with the fender flares and all pushing your body wider. I wouldn't worry about what that guy thinks when it comes to the looks of your truck. Keep up the good work!

Really? No one has said this yet? Put your mirrors down!

Who gives a fuk if his mirrors are up. Its still a nice truck. That's a pretty insignificant thing to b!tch about. Why don't you with all your wisdom and style give him some pointers on his build instead of commenting on something so dismal.

Your build looks good. I like seeing people running Garrett's. How big of pump and injectors are you gonna run? We've got Shane's stuff on one of our trucks and its awesome.

Also we run his coolant bypass's on everything. They work awesome! Plus the engine bling is cool too!LOL

Thanks for the positive comments. I'm looking to get something in the 100% over range, maybe a touch bigger. I have been on the phone several times with Shane and there is a new sac nozzle with the 05 spray pattern that is more tolerant to a "higher" rp. I'm still learning about the technical side of this performance stuff but I know it's new and when he called it the cats meow you know it must be something special. So I will use him for injectors and run his dual pump kit which overdrives the top cp3 right.... He said ill have plenty of fuel and solid rp and reliability of stock pumps. I'm starting to question the limits of 12 valve rods but honestly don't think I can afford anything else. And I know I'll be told if I'm playing this game I can't cut any corners.. Some input guys?

Most of the fab work is done and now I'm decoding on a powdercoat color. I bought a jgs bov kit yesterday which came with a particle trap and regulator.

Looks great! This is a street truck though right?

If so rattles and engine twist will not fare so well on all those v-band joints.

Back