Picked up a 2006 jetta tdi, power upgrades?

CREED1

Throwed Off
Well guys I picked up a 2006 jetta tdi last weekend and love it for a beat around car/ commuter it cant be beat!! Im new to the vw tdi stuff but not new to the diesel world.. Just looking for options and opinions on what kind of power upgrades are available: electronic tuning, injectors, inj pumps, etc nothing crazy just a step up in power and mileage..

idparts.com
KermaTDI.com
metalmanparts.com
boraparts.com
dieselgeek.com

Just to name a few.... http://www.TDIclub.com is a wealth of knowledge but be careful they can be as harsh as our guys to newb's.

Get the EGR deleted and a tune from Malonetuning.com to start off with. Check your intake to make sure its not SEVERELY clogged from the EGR. Also do a search on TDI oil's 05 was the begining of the PD motor's and they like to eat cam shafts. So do some reading and then pop the valve cover and check your cam and lifters.

I talked to reuben at sheid today hes got me a tuner on the way from malone im gonna pule my stock files once it comes in and then upload a custom tune once he gets my file modified..

Last edited:
Sheid sells the Malone tune?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Yep thats what i gathered is that they sell the tuners and then get mark to write the tunes...

I have a body who is friends aith the guys at Innovative Diesel and said they have tunes for the TDI's. Has anybody ran their tunes or know if they have tunes fora PD BRM TDI?

Dude I have a tuner you just needed malone to send you a file... and I love my stage 2 malone tune with egr delete

Last edited:
Dude I have a tuner you just needed malone to send you a file... and I love my stage 2 malone tune with egr delete

Damnit now you tell me!! Lol ohh well its on its way too me now i think we decided on the stg 1.5 but i may go for stg 2.. Did you do exhaust too cliff?

Back