Picking up a new(to me) trailer

Damn, that is a heck of a boat/trailer combo. How much does the boat & trailer weigh? I suppose the guys using an 11' camper and towing a trailer are probably in the same boat (pun intended)...

Damn, that is a heck of a boat/trailer combo. How much does the boat & trailer weigh? I suppose the guys using an 11' camper and towing a trailer are probably in the same boat (pun intended)...

As I said, he has sold that pull trailer and how has a 38' 5th wheel that he hooks to a dolly behind the truck that he also made. Pretty long over all and about 29,000 lbs going down the road.

Really a good deal since it already has a big generator, lift and winch. Still think it would be a better with one of those twin turbo 450 towing it.

Greg since you now have all the towing and housing situation well under control we'll see you in Topeka in Sept right?

Ken, You do know that the only real difference between that truck and mine are dually spacers and fender flairs:poke:

And what are you...the designated NHRDA Topeka cheerleader?? It's like you say it in every post:doh:

Ken, You do know that the only real difference between that truck and mine are dually spacers and fender flairs:poke:

And what are you...the designated NHRDA Topeka cheerleader?? It's like you say it in every post:doh:

His mind is limited to simple things, he cant help it thats all he can remember....:hehe:

Nice trailer greg.

I'll sell the shirts for ya Greg. It will help keep me busy, and away from Teds magic cooler.
LOL

Very nice find man. That's one of those deals where you almost feel bad for the seller. Almost :).

So...whats the golf cart look like?

LOL Jeff

No the 450 is far stouter than any 350 that I've ever seen, better take another look at one, that is a real truck much heaver. Just trying to get some interest in coming to Topeka from you east coast guys, I know none of you have a prayer chance in hell of winning anything but would be nice to see you there. Even old Wade if he can muster up a 1/4 run out of his truck and can fix his bogging problems off the line.:poke:

No the 450 is far stouter than any 350 that I've ever seen, better take another look at one, that is a real truck much heaver. Just trying to get some interest in coming to Topeka from you east coast guys, I know none of you have a prayer chance in hell of winning anything but would be nice to see you there. Even old Wade if he can muster up a 1/4 run out of his truck and can fix his bogging problems off the line.:poke:

Ken,

YOU better take another look :poke:

Besides a Dana 110 with lower gears (4.30's are the highest) on the 450 as compared to a Dana 80 on the 350, they are THE EXACT SAME TRUCK!! Mine even has the SAME front and rear spring codes as a 450 because of the options it has. Same frame, Same engine, Same tranny.....THE SAME!!

The way you push the Topeka race is like it is the only one happening!:poke:

Ken,

Besides a Dana 110 with lower gears (4.30's are the highest) on the 450 as compared to a Dana 80 on the 350, they are THE EXACT SAME TRUCK!! Mine even has the SAME front and rear spring codes as a 450 because of the options it has. Same frame, Same engine, Same tranny.....THE SAME!!

the only good one!!!!!LOL

Ken,

Well you are a ford guy so I can't argue with you, it is a hell of a truck. No the Topeka race isn't the only one but it is the only time the east and west coast guys and gals can get together. last year there were almost no east coast trucks there. Not that it would have made any difference, you guys would have had your butts stomped anyway. Was nice to see some of the guys, especially the Smith truck. You guys get off your dead asses and on to your dying feet and come out this year. It isn't any farther than we travel.

I don't know about your 350 but the 450 I'm talking about is this one.

F-450 Some unique points to highlight of the all new F-450 with a regular production pickup bed, which was only offered as a chassis cab before. It has 2 available axle ratios of 4.30 and 4.88:1. The F-450 Super Duty with the optional 'High Capacity Trailer Tow Package' increases the GCWR (Gross combined weight rating) from 26,000 to 33,000 lb (15,000 kg). Maximum payload is 6,120 lb (2,780 kg). Maximum towing is 24,500 lb (11,100 kg). It comes standard with Crew Cab, 8-foot (2.4 m) long bed, DRW (Dual Rear Wheels), Limited Slip rear axle, 10-lug 19.5-inch (500 mm) wheels, Trailer Tow package, and the TowCommand TBC (Trailer Brake Controller). The only engine offered in the F-450 Super Duty will be the all new 6.4 L V8 Power Stroke twin-turbo diesel. The F-450 is equipped with a standard 6-speed manual or optional 5-speed TorqShift automatic transmission.

Last edited:
Thanks, but that is about 1200 mi away!! Too bad I could have looked at it when I picked up the trailer.:hehe:

Nice trailer for sure. I'd definately try some airbags though. They worked wonders on my truck when pulling even the smallest trailers.

Back