pictures of engine bay

jallan

Smoke show
IMG_20130122_112320_935-1_zps5b6a4171.jpg

IMG_20130122_112335_767.jpg

Just seeing if this works or if I am doing it right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, well I am tring to figure out how to get pictures on here, kinda slow going for me scince I joined in 08.:)

I do have the pictures in photo bucket right now and on my cell just tring to get it figured out.

Copy the "direct link" and then you push the yellow square with a mountain on it. Erase what is there and paste your link.

IMG_20130122_112320_935-1_zps5b6a4171.jpg

Ok I got it, here is a pic of my home made intake from some 4" stainless exhaust. Also the 2nd gen 3pcs exh manifold with high temp ceramic paint.

Last edited:
IMG_20130122_112335_767-1_zpsee8d8ab2.jpg

Painted the valve cover with some Rustoleum that is dang close to the color of the truck.

If you copy from bucket, it includes the img tags so you can just paste. No need to use the image button.

Valver cover looks good. Did you just paint it or did you put a primer down first? I've been wanting to do something with mine. I took 1000 grit to the lettering because it was coming off and looked like crap.

Valver cover looks good. Did you just paint it or did you put a primer down first? I've been wanting to do something with mine. I took 1000 grit to the lettering because it was coming off and looked like crap.

I used a Roloc Scotch-Bright disk(green) and scuffed the whole thing, cleaned it really well and then just painted with the color and no primer.

I was in Menards one day and was looking at paint and I spoted a color that looked real close to my truck color with is Graphite Metalic grey.

The paint was Rust-Oleum High Performance Wheel paint. It is good for plastic and metal. Comes in a spray can. The color is Graphite It is realy close to the color of the truck. To paint the letters I used a paint pen that Rust-Oleum also has it was a silver color.

It is tough to see in the picture I also painted the water neck and bracket for the bypass oil filter and intercooler pipe. I was thinking of painting the cold air intake pipe I made out of Stainless Steel but left it shiney for now.

Nice looking.

Which oil bypass kit is that and where did you get it from?

Is it ok for the oil line to lay on the exhaust manifold?

Here is mine:

38954524039_large.jpg

Last edited:
Nice looking.

Which oil bypass kit is that and where did you get it from?

Is it ok for the oil line to lay on the exhaust manifold?

Here is mine:

38954524039_large.jpg

Its not laying on the exhaust manifold it just looks like it in that pic.

The bypass is FS-2500 but I used the oil cap from Amsoil's bypass kit.
I will not be getting anymore filters from FS because they are to expencive. The last one I got was $40 and some change. They were ok when I first got the system but now the price is out of controll I am going to go too a regualr oil filter type for a bypass set up. I have not looked yet though.

Back