Pining away for David Dunbar...

bluthndr

Ran my truck on a DynoJet at a show here locally & am not impressed. Proceeds went to Relay for Life, so it was for a good cause, but supposedly this guy had just done abunch of diesels down south somewhere.

Made me appreciate Dunbar and his experience and professionalism that much more! Looking forward to some diesel events later this summer.

The company doing the testing was "Track Lab" and the owner was pretty much a jerk complaining about how much my truck "leaked" (its called road draft tube - look into it). The first time he made me pull off. I cleaned up the underside of the truck and came back, but he continued to be a prick about it for the remainder of the day. Those of you who've seen my truck know it is hardly a superfund site.

They had me run the truck in 3rd with the lockup switch off, claiming his dyno would sufficiently load the truck and "pull it down" (which it didn't), and then STARTED all the pulls at 2500 RPM! First pull was like 600 lb ft. :doh:

I put it in OD and flipped the lockup when they weren't looking, and got the guy to start at 2300 or so for the last pull before the prick owner shouted about me having too many pulls and to get it off the rack. I still ran 481/1068 on #2 only, but my graph (not a curve) looked like BP's stock price over the last month - just a straight line down! Would've been nice to get some good numbers instead of just wasting my time. :banghead:

Anyone else ever deal with this clown? Maybe I caught them on a bad day? I was actually going to run the truck with some different injectors later but decided to pass - bad data and I just could not take that guy's mouth anymore. At least it was for a good cause.

Suffice it to say I appreciate Dunbar that much more - I always liked him but didn't realize how good I had it!

sound like u need to come to our pull and dyno day in tennessee i will have david dunbar their and it should be a blast about 70miles south of nashville in lynnville

I took my puller to SKPP Diesel Days this past Saturday, and wanted to run it on Dunbar's dyno because I changed something things since last year.

I COMPLETELY forgot I have a 2wd issue with my T-case right now with intermittent grind:doh:......David & Mike got the truck on the rollers strapped down and was starting the first run when GRIND! David jabbed the clutch in and looked down at me on the ground...it suddenly clicked and I told 'em to pull it off I had forgotten about my prob because the truck ususally stays in 4wd all the time.

David and Mike pulled the truck off the dyno, laughing and cracking jokes at me the entire time and refused any form of payment for me wasting 30 minutes of their time.....:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::rockwoot: :rockwoot: HELLUA NICE GUYS very proud to call them long time friends!

He and Mike are the hardest working dyno duo around and great all around people :clap: If everyone knew what it took for Dave to run that dyno... I think there's be a lot more appreciation for what they do.

I was at SKPP Diesel Days ran my truck on the Dunbars Dyno and have to say they did an excellent job, David loaded the chargers better than I probably could have, great people to deal with. I will be running it again at TS on the 24th. They totally have my trust.

X3 Dunbars is the only way to go IMHO. Dave an Mike do top notch work and will make sure you get your moneys worth out of a run.

Lynn

Back