Pinks All Out Pacific Raceways

RILES

F**k your 10%
Anybody have any updates from Pacific Raceways in Kent Washington? I know we had diesels there :rockwoot:

I talked to BradP earlier. He said someone bumped into the wall and did a bit of damage to his truck. I thought he said is was harbor Diesel( I may have heard wrong).

Ya I hit the wall, scattered the motor oil under the tires and smacked the front of the truck, not too bad. There were five other diesels there racing, Mike Fox, Brad Ponic, Lenny was there with two trucks also. Good time.

Crap, Malcolm, sorry to hear about it. I heard about your mishap over dinner tonight. Glad to hear you are okay, you can always fix the truck stuff, but people are a but harder to put back together!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Ya I hit the wall, scattered the motor oil under the tires and smacked the front of the truck, not too bad. There were five other diesels there racing, Mike Fox, Brad Ponic, Lenny was there with two trucks also. Good time.

Damn Malcolm that sucks, did you hit your own oil or someone's in front of you? Glad you are alright. Any chance of getting it fixed in time for Boise on Oct 3rd?

Haven't been on here for awhile. Been pre-occupied with a Jeep I bought.

I had a good time at Pinks. Although my class wasn't chosen for the big money it was still fun. Out of 4 passes I made that weekend my slowest was 12.09 on the first pass on Friday's TnT for the event. Then I ran a 12.01. On Saturday during qualifying I ran a 12.02. During the Armdrop round I had a floating minimun of 12.52 and I ran a 12.03 against a Civic that ran 13.74. Most of the cars running in the 12.0 class couldn't run the floating minumum.

pinks1.jpg

pinks2.jpg

pinks3.jpg

Now, the next weekend after Pinks was Pacific Raceways Sportman Nationals. A 3 day event. Didn't win any money but my truck ran its fastest times ever consistently. Out of over 15 runs, my slowest full out pass was a 12.01. I had a personal best on Sunday morning of 11.85. I couldn't have been more pleased with my truck's performance. The weather played a big part in this with cloud cover and cool temps.

Last edited:
In case anyone is wondering why I am missing a fog light, it was broken. When washing my truck on Thursday, before heading to the track, I found that the light housing was shattered. It is the first time I have had that happen in 4 yrs and 87K miles.

Funny story when going in the gates for Pinks. I was towing my 29' travel trailer in to stay at the track. The gal at the gate asked if I was racing. I said yes. She asked where my race car was. I said it was my truck. She asked, no really, is it parked near by. I said, no, I am racing my truck. I still don't think she believed me. Had a lot of compliments from people during the event on how good it was running.

In case anyone is wondering why I am missing a fog light, it was broken. When washing my truck on Thursday, before heading to the track, I found that the light housing was shattered. It is the first time I have had that happen in 4 yrs and 87K miles.

Funny story when going in the gates for Pinks. I was towing my 29' travel trailer in to stay at the track. The gal at the gate asked if I was racing. I said yes. She asked where my race car was. I said it was my truck. She asked, no really, is it parked near by. I said, no, I am racing my truck. I still don't think she believed me. Had a lot of compliments from people during the event on how good it was running.

I've had that happend in the past too. :) heh. Good runs! hope to see ya on TV!

I was rather sad that there were no diesels featured on tonight's airing of Pinks all out down in Alabama of all places. Alabama Diesels of CompD failed! :)

I've had that happend in the past too. :) heh. Good runs! hope to see ya on TV!

I was rather sad that there were no diesels featured on tonight's airing of Pinks all out down in Alabama of all places. Alabama Diesels of CompD failed! :)

I was intereviewed in the staging lanes before the Armdrop round. I could only hope that either the interview or truck run makes it on the air. I would rather have the truck make it over the interview. It does all the speaking I needed.

I was at the big 3-day bracket race, and with a ton of low 7-second dragsters and several mid-7 second doorslammers, the most talked-about vehicle in the stands was Mike's truck! Definitely a crowd favorite, and Mike backed it up with some great driving.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

How did Brad Ponci do?

He was fighting a problem at launch. I will let him explain it if he wants to. I know he was not happy with his runs. Too bad. If it had run like it does at home for him he would most likely have been running for money. They picked a class in the 10.5 to 11.0 bracket.

I had been fighting a fuel issue. The first thing i did when it started i pulled the pump and had it tested. The pump came back as in perfect shape. I replumbed my fuel system and then pinks came. I was in good spirits that the fuel system was in good shape. The first launch sputter, surge, sputter, surge, sputter then go like a mo fo. I ran a 13.65@120.0mph. It ran like that all weekend. I did however find the issue this last weekend at my home track. I went out and did the samething sputter,surge,sputter,surge then haul ass. I said piss on this after trying other things that day my dad went back to the shop and got my spare p7100 pump. I installed it without changing over the gov springs from my other pump and other parts. Well what do you know 10.90@125mph. They only had time for two runs but i backed it up with a 10.92. Its time for tuning again. I will be in redding and going for lower numbers yet.

Good going Mike, are you going to make Medford or Boise? Congratulations on finally getting your truck into the 11's.

Damn Malcolm that sucks, did you hit your own oil or someone's in front of you? Glad you are alright. Any chance of getting it fixed in time for Boise on Oct 3rd?

Malcolm you never answered this question any chance you be in Medford or Boise?

Back