• Other (please list)

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • I have no idea but I like to vote anyways

Votes: 14 28.0%

• Total voters

EverydayDiesel

I drink diesel
Hello,

I need some help selecting pistons for my daily driver with compounds / carrillo rods.

Please vote and let me know what I should do. I need to get these pistons to the machine shop for installation. At the very minimum I want to get them ceramic coated with teflon skirts.

Thanks in advance.

You don't search much do you? You've asked every single question about this build.

You don't search much do you? You've asked every single question about this build.

Actually I do search
Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

I am glad to see that you dont help in any thread, just straight trolling.

Why you feel the need to de-rail every single thread I make is beyond me. Forums are for help, what are you doing here?

I am grateful to anyone that can offer any useful information!

Last edited:
BRE is right. If you had searched you would know all of them will work with the correct prep. A good engine builder is what you need, your paying for their experience and it's their ass when it nukes.

BRE is right. If you had searched you would know all of them will work with the correct prep. A good engine builder is what you need, your paying for their experience and it's their ass when it nukes.

Exactly. With the route you are going and the amount of money you are looking at putting in to this build in just parts, I think you would be time and money ahead to just take your complete engine to a reputable performance DIESEL shop, tell them your HP goal, and have them build it ready to drop in.

Actually I do search
Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

I am glad to see that you dont help in any thread, just straight trolling.

Why you feel the need to de-rail every single thread I make is beyond me. Forums are for help, what are you doing here?

I am grateful to anyone that can offer any useful information!

Cause I'm here to troll remember?
I'm here stating the obvious... you obviously aren't sure what your doing, if you need to post ever single aspect of your build with broad questions.
If you'd have started this thread worded more along the lines of picking between a piston or two... I'd have never said anything.
You walked in, and expected everyone to spoon feed you all the answers when it's apparent you probably need to be having someone else do it.

I'm gonna watch this one as well to see if actual input comes out of it. On the fence between wesco or diamonds but my goal is a bit higher.

I'm gonna watch this one as well to see if actual input comes out of it. On the fence between wesco or diamonds but my goal is a bit higher.
I'm in on this one, too.
For the same reasons. :bang

Mark.

apparently after searching and talking to several people the qsb piston is the best which is a cummins/mahle product

Get them coated ceramic on top and teflon on the skirts.

4955160 standard size
4955481 +0.020

I hope this helps someone

Last edited:
Will it work on a 6.7 injector? I was under the impression that qsb was an industrial 6.7 piston but I am not 100% sure on that. I am waiting on a call back.

Will it work on a 6.7 injector? I was under the impression that qsb was an industrial 6.7 piston but I am not 100% sure on that. I am waiting on a call back.
There are 2 distinctive types of piston bowl used in the COMMONRAIL QSB (aka; "rear geartrain") 6.7, that I have personally seen.
There is an on-road emissions compliant QSB piston (think Thomas busses and certain marine applications), which uses the 146 degree bowl, then there is an off-road version (stationary engines, forklifts, compressors, or pumps), which use the 128 degree bowls.

Here's a not-so-great pic of some QSB 6.7 offroad pistons:

s-l500.jpg

Back