Pit vehicles

Fireman450

Daring to be diffrent!!
For the ODL guys, what do most of yall use to tow around the pits?? Been looking into a 4x4 4 wheeler bc a UTV just isnt in the budget. Just wonder if one would be to light??

Opinions??

Ill idle around when possible, just want something to be handy if i need it and not take up alot of room on my trailer.

Thanks

For the ODL guys, what do most of yall use to tow around the pits?? Been looking into a 4x4 4 wheeler bc a UTV just isnt in the budget. Just wonder if one would be to light??

Opinions??

Ill idle around when possible, just want something to be handy if i need it and not take up alot of room on my trailer.

Thanks

Quad is too light.

I didn't think Can-Am and budget went in the same sentence. They are sweet though.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

I didn't think Can-Am and budget went in the same sentence. They are sweet though.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Good call. I did find one locally a few weeks ago for around 5,300. It was an 08 I believe. Can't remember the cc, but it was a bigger model.

Not really the CC that you need. The weight and the gearing.

I suppose if you calciumed up the wheels and threw some more weight on it, it might work ok, if it is geared low enough.

I would say you need it to be 1800lbs plus.

Put a pony engine on the puller. LOL

I don't think the cc's will matter. You'll have enough power in low range. You just don't have the weight.
Look for a Suzuki samurai/geo tracker. You can find them really cheap.

We have A 800 ranger, 700 commander, and a 525 gator xuv. The gator will out pull them 10 to 1. Have went through several belts on ranger and commander but the gator still is running the original. Have been looking for something different though. Thinking about a stiener(spelling)< lawn mower. But they're pricey.

One of the neatest one I saw was someone took an older Kubota 4x4 lawn mower, added a big toolbox on the front and made a couple seats that point back towards the truck in tow. Worked like a charm, even on the steep hill at our fairgrounds

I got an older Kia sportage cheap. Probably going to do a tdi swap on it.
The small SUVs give you the ability to run after parts it to the hotel without unhooking the trailer, but they do take up more space on the trailer.
We are looking for a crew cab rollback to haul the truck with that I can put a sliding conestoga cover on, then haul the Kia on the wheel lift.

Last edited:
I still say put mudders and a tow bar on the Civic, lynn.....or possibly find one of those little Japanese farm trucks.

Good ideas .. keep em coming.. The kubota idea is possible...

Last edited:
Not much trailer room tho lol

Attachments

• civic.jpg
    civic.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 0
I use a Japanese Mini Truck, 600cc, cab, heat, ac, 4x4. added 400lbs of weights in the bed because it is front heavy. Weighs around 3,000lbs with the weights. can be had for $5,000. Bad thing is the length is around 10ft so you need a long trailer to haul it or trailer it by itself.

Attachments

• 151064.jpg
    151064.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 0
Sidkick I got it for 300.00 had to get ecm and put a electric fuel pump on.We cut the roof and the back end off so it would fit in the trailer.mounted a round homemade gas tank took the doors off now I wish I would have kept them and just cut them down to make them shorter.Mounted a aluminnum toolbox for a small truck on the back.we have a electric air compressor in it also.Plus 2 more batts. for jumping the 2wd.and have tools.
it is 4X4 still has everything for lisencing.
2009012.jpg

2009007.jpg

Dale

Dittos on the John Deere UTV, was impressed, you can pull a truck over the scales and never spin a wheel. Got to get a run at it if you are using a Rhino, tho!

Back