Places to Resurface Tappets.

scat

I Found a few what do tractors alot but other then that no true luck with someone with the Cummins Spec. Thanks

By the time you resuface them and shipping to a shop you could prolly just get a new set.

They do big Cat engines for 3 a peice so 36 bucks plus maybe 15 shipping both ways. Just have to do some more foot work to find a place but its hard calling places on the weekend.

It may only be a minimal amount, but wouldn't the dimension of lift be a concern after machining?

Colt Cams can do your set or can sell you a new set. I have been told the Cummins lifters are not very consistant on taper. Some are flat and some are dished out.

genuine cummins tappets are expensive... I've got a few sets I'd love to have reground

Before you spend too much time trying to find someone to resurface them call Snedge (Jeff) and get a price on a set. IIRC they are very reasonable through him. 1-724-354-3136 is the shop number and let him know you are calling from CompD.

Before you spend too much time trying to find someone to resurface them call Snedge (Jeff) and get a price on a set. IIRC they are very reasonable through him. 1-724-354-3136 is the shop number and let him know you are calling from CompD.

I'll talk to him next time I get to it, thanks.

IIRC last time i bought them they were at least 12$ a piece from cummins, with an account.

I'll talk to him next time I get to it, thanks.

IIRC last time i bought them they were at least 12$ a piece from cummins, with an account.

pretty sure that is what I recently paid for 24v tappets, genuine Cummins from Jeff

I paid less then 100 for a set of CR tappets I believe. Would still be nice to spend half that on a resurfaced set

I'll be honest, if a new set is $12/tappet and it costs $3/tappet to resurface I would rather throw a new set in than a resurfaced set. Shipping is going to be paid on both sets at least one way. For the cost difference and how cheap they are it is worth new to me personally.

I would be curious to find out if the new tappets are within specs and how many you will measure before finding enough to make a set.

I had my machinist resurface mine.

But of coarse I didn't end up using them as my cam required 24v tappets. :bang

pretty sure that is what I recently paid for 24v tappets, genuine Cummins from Jeff

Just checked my notes....$12.51 per tappet. I could not use CR tappets because I retained the fuel pump lobe on my cam. It seems CR ones are cheaper though, I never checked.

Usually current cummins parts are cheaper than older stuff. Price a 6.7 headgasket compared to a 12V one.

Back