Plastic intercooler pipe

JoshH

Does anyone make an upgrade for the plastic intercooler pipe that doesn't require you to delete emissions stuff? A guy I know has a stock 6.7 Powerstroke, and last Friday he called me about a problem he was having. I told him to check all his intercooler boots and pipes because it sounded like one blew off and he was having a boost leak. He called me back the next morning saying the plastic intercooler pipe that is held on with a wire retaining ring had a big hole in it. Everything I've found requires you to replace the throttle body piece, but it seems to me that would require you also do a DPF delete. I don't think he wants to do that just yet.

if no vendor on here has one..check on h&s motorsports page. they have one. I installed one on my truck just so I wouldn't have to go thru that issue.

IIRC, an '06-'07 5.9 one is just a bit longer on the air horn side.
It has the same bends, same diameter, and it is made of steel.
This goes for anything '08 and earlier.

Just cut the excess off the air horn side and run it.

Mark.

Last edited:
IIRC, an '06-'07 5.9 one is just a bit longer on the air horn side.
It has the same bends, same diameter, and it is made of steel.
This goes for anything '08 and earlier.

Just cut the excess off the air horn side and run it.

Mark.

Umm.....:ford:?

Everything I've read about the H&S pipe says you have to replace the throttle valve with a piece that the new boot slides onto. Unless I'm missing something, that would require a some sort of programmer to shut off codes which I'm assuming it can't do without totally shutting off all the EGR/SCR/DPF stuff. Do they make more than one style?

Back