plate or no plate in the pump

moss765

hey which is best for the p-pump and power...having a performance plate in it or no plate at all?

hey which is best for the p-pump and power...having a performance plate in it or no plate at all?

Well if u like to control ur fuel with ur right foot or if u want to spend $$$ and have a plate to limit fuel. U make it run cleaner and be quicker to responed, mainly spool up, with a plate or at least thats wat i have heard. With my truck the stock wh1c spools at 1500rpm no matter if i stomp at a very low rpm or if i ease into it.

Not to get off topic but wats the specs on that 66mm and how do u like it if u drive it on the street?

i believe it has a 66 wheel in it and i think the exhaust is 14cm...overall its a good turbo its just really laggy

too many opinions here

but i go to the same.. if plates are so bad, then why do so many ppl make big power with them?

properly tune your afc, plate, and governer arm... that will yield better results...

too many opinions here

but i go to the same.. if plates are so bad, then why do so many ppl make big power with them?

properly tune your afc, plate, and governer arm... that will yield better results...
I'm with Rick.

You'll have a bunch of guys tell you to rip it out, and you'll have just as many tell you not to.

IMO I liked the way the truck drove and acted with a tuned AFC that was modded for full travel and no plate. My AFC foot is shaped similar to a #100 and I have the gov. arm set to ride on it.

too many opinions here

Correct, the ones that tell you to rip it out and not mess with the AFC don't know how to make them work to there advantage, so there living in denial in other words.......don't worry, pump shops don't know what there about either.

Jim

Had my truck strapped to the dyno for a while last month(made 55 runs) Made more power with the plate in than with it out.

Plate or no plate is a rather subjective question and what way to go will depend on your setup IMHO.

On a truck with a 911 pump, 2095 rack plug and everything else stock I tried running a plate I ground to a "0" profile. It seemed to restrict rack travel and definitely did not seem to fuel as hard as with it out. There are no dyno results however, just seat of the pants feel.

In a truck that has plenty of injector and plenty of fuel I can easily see how a properly designed and implemented plate would make more power than running without one, even if you are using the aneroid to control low boost/off boost fueling.

Same as Ive found with my 911 pump; the more rack the more power. Why install a deeper rack stop '2095' and imped its use with a plate in the way? On the street sure throw more plate in it to limit power, but dont comment on how much diff. you noticed going to the 2095 with your #8 plate in it...
It just depends on what your doing with it and if the pumps been benched before also. A well tuned afc and no plate or acually using the 2095 as the stop works well for max fuel on this 911 pump

There is no one right answer. Use the "Search" button and read up on the workings of a ppump. Once you understand how the gov arm works along with the fuel plate, the AFC, and the rack plug, you will realize that max power on a dyno or on a track can be made in either scenario you described.

my previous 911 pump liked no plate at all, a modded AFC, and a 2095 plug.

I have been plateless for 5 years now and cant complain about it. Ive towed 10k lbs with no problems. Not tyring to hijack here but I thought the afc wasnt useful when the plate was out? How can you mod it?

Back