Popped 2nd Spearco, cast tanks too??

Red Stroke

What the heck? No wonder I was having trouble building boost?

P5270233.jpg

P5270234.jpg

P5270235.jpg

P5270236.jpg

P5270237.jpg

Yeah im trying my luck on another stock one, seams even the high dollar ones wont take it either when throwing alot at them.

a little bit of angle welded across that broad flat portion of the tank will probably help prevent this. all that pressure in there gets a lot of leverage against that tank in that area

Since I now have 2 coolers form Turbonetics I will have to work this out with them rather than jumping brands. Our other twined, cummins ford does have a helmans in it, we haven't pressure tested lately but it has been holding up.

I haven't heard on even one Hellmann piece popping the ends. RC Cox put 100+ PSI through his regularly...he blew up a lot of stuff but never the intercooler.

I'll never run anything but a Hellmann intercooler.

Does Hellman make a 2nd Gen Intercooler? I may need to contact him.

Nope...something about not enough room to fit something he liked between the radiator and core support IIRC. I really can't remember right now, but I'm pretty sure that's the answer Brandon got when he asked about one at TS last year.

I'm sure if I'm wrong Joe will inform us:D
Chris

He has had failures as well but now makes the Hi pressure coolers with 1/4" alum instead of the standard 1/8" or 3/16".

Back