Pops when RPM's raised

fordassassin

FordAssassin
Got the motor rebuilt and now I am having a pop. :nail: . Idle is very smooth, but once I get the RPM's up. The truck gets a pop. Has a white Haze out of the exhaust as well. Maybe because I have yet to put miles on her, but I think its a injector body. Because everything else was changed when put back together.

My oil level hasn't changed and I have kept the rpm's up at 1,600-2,000 for 25 minutes. So what should I do?

Here is a video and you can hear the pop half way through the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuSXWYk2E8o&feature=channel

yeah sounds like a injector issue.. i would get it figured out quick and you have alot of blowby coming out of your filler cap.. not good. I would get those injectors out quick befor eyou melt a piston or 6!

Yeah some.. I personally think thats too much.. I rebuilt my motor and didnt have near the blowby.. actually I had nothing coming out of my breather that looked like that? did you make the rings loose or tight?

The head and the motor were both gone through and replaced everything except cam, crank, and pistons. I adjusted the valves myself. Whenever the rail pressure dips or jumped for a second is when this pop happens. :doh:

Drove around the block and wouldn't stop hazing gray. So it is parked until I get a buddy to send me 4 good injectors he has by Wednesday or so.

your rail pressure shouldnt dip at idle? that could be your pop! what kinda rp at idle and also what box;s and injectors in truck now?

your rail pressure shouldnt dip at idle? that could be your pop! what kinda rp at idle and also what box;s and injectors in truck now?

Rail only dips once RPM's are up, such as high idle. At idle the truck is calm as can be, but has a slight white haze to it.

I am running no box and Wicked Mafia 180's. I've had the nozzles in for a while but ever since I installed them I had this same pop when truck was cold and I put her into gear. Guess after rebuild, it just got worse.

When I took the head off, Cylinder #5 had fuel inside the piston bowl and made me realize I needed injectors but don't have the money for them. But O well, guess that is just my luck with this damn truck.

Rail only dips once RPM's are up, such as high idle. At idle the truck is calm as can be, but has a slight white haze to it.

I am running no box and Wicked Mafia 180's. I've had the nozzles in for a while but ever since I installed them I had this same pop when truck was cold and I put her into gear. Guess after rebuild, it just got worse.

When I took the head off, Cylinder #5 had fuel inside the piston bowl and made me realize I needed injectors but don't have the money for them. But O well, guess that is just my luck with this damn truck.

I think you just answerd your own question...lol u need injectors.. but leave it down untill you get them.. it wont take anytime with a cracked bodie or hanging injector to melt pistons.

You have 180 sticks, I hope that you have the CP3 and FP to support that. With dipping RP it makes me thing that you are asking for more fuel than the FP can deliver. IF you found fuel in the piston you have a problem with it most likely, send them out and get them tested. It is a ton cheaper than another rebuild. Just a thought though.

I have a pump to back the tiny 180's but I put it in my other truck for now. Not really worried since I am going to break the motor in for a good 4k-6k before actually starting to give her hell and put the dual pumps on.

Guess I will just let her sit and look pretty. Maybe actually wash her or take the spider webs off from the past 40 days it has been sitting in the driveway.

Im gonna say have injectors checked but also sounds like valves could be adjusted too. I built my motor loose this winter in it had blow by like your's after a few hooks to the sled it not as bad.

That is good to hear about the blow-by. At least I won't have to worry about it then.

A friend is sending me 4 injectors, so I will pull the first 4 and replace them.

my truck does this too while driving. when my smarty is low down around 1800 rpm's if i romp on it( about half throttle) i get the same popping and white smoke out the tailpipe. I just did 90hp tips, valvesprings, pushrods, studs and everythign else. I've got an arson III on ym truck. You guys figure it's an injector problem? guess it time to pull em out again and have them looked at

I will let you know tomorrow late night or Thursday, if changing injector bodies makes a difference.

If you have a Quadzilla rail pressure gauge take it off asap!

My truck was popping and all kinds of crazy chit. Per the advice of Industrial Injection they told me they had seen many problems with the quadzilla. As soon as I took it off the problems stopped. I'm so thankfull for their advice becaue I was getting ready to take off the injectors and CP3's and send them off to be tested.

Back