Porting HE351cw Exhaust Housing

Tejas TJ

I'm planning on running a HE351cw on my 2nd gen and I'm wondering about porting the exhaust manifold to reduce high RPM EGT's. I think there was a thread like this a while ago but I can't find it.

So has Anyone done this and can they maybe guide me to some pictures or the exact places that need to be ported?

Also, do you think this will actually drop EGT's?

you could port the wastegate some to rid of some drive pressure on top... but its not going to be close to an aftermarket charger. mine with stock injectors, edge juice on level 6 hits 33psi and holds 1280 on the pyro. works good imo.

I'm planning on running a HE351cw on my 2nd gen and I'm wondering about porting the exhaust manifold to reduce high RPM EGT's. I think there was a thread like this a while ago but I can't find it.

So has Anyone done this and can they maybe guide me to some pictures or the exact places that need to be ported?

Also, do you think this will actually drop EGT's?

I did it but the results where not that big, it did help EGT's a bit and I feel that it it helped spooling also.. It helped more than hindered.. Here is the link..

Porting The HE351 Exhaust Housing To 12-14cm - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

One thing you have to remember when porting your weaking the exh housing. Heat on cast over time takes its toll. Just something to keep in mind...

One thing you have to remember when porting your weaking the exh housing. Heat on cast over time takes its toll. Just something to keep in mind...

Yep! I removed my original ported exhaust housing and found where I removed to much material inside of the exhaust (Horn) just before the slot area was starting to crack.. It looked like the thickness of tin foil LOL..

After doing a bit of thinking I wanted to try porting my OE housing a little different than the one I ported in the original thread (I did this before having knowledge of the crack). This time I removed material from inside of the exhaust inlet side only and left the slot the same size with only sanding and polishing off any sharp corners. I figured a narrower slot would concentrate the hot gases more and spin the blades quicker.

Back