Porting the new Hamilton 12v head.

Weather you know it or not, every forced indution head gets moisture in the air stream, from one of the following, Condensation, Boost psi, nitrous, Water injection,Methanol, ECT.

There is no such things as a "dry" diesel head...unless it's not running.

There is so much that can be said here, and further discussed in better detail...

Feel free to let loose at any time.

How in the hell anyone can compare humidity in the air stream with a wet port designed engine is unexplainable to me. Is it possible to be that stupid?

For purposes of discussion, dry means no fuel in runners.

BTW, what's "ECT"?

Understandable, but to properly underestand air flow in a race engine you must under stand the air thats changing inside the head under psi, and with other additives introducd as a accelerant. Heat exchange is responsible for this as well, cold aire being forced into a very hot head cause's more condensaition to build up on the port walls..

Think air compressor, the more psi it builds, the more moister it puts in the air being delivered., now im not talking solid liquid water, but a mist that can be very moist, like water injection alone does.

Why else would you get rust on the inside of a engine from the intake manifold to a exhaust port...

Any one ever tested turbo's on a test bench at full psi?? turbo's will act like a de humidifier and inject compressed air with moisture into the air.

Now i probalby shouldent have posted this and let those few doubters die in there entire ignorance, but for those who do care to learn here are a few of the many variables to consider.

When you guys get this all figured out, I'd appreciate it if someone could send me a name and number for porting the head for moderate street use(around 1000hp).
Thanks alot.
RonA

Understandable, but to properly underestand air flow in a race engine you must under stand the air thats changing inside the head under psi, and with other additives introducd as a accelerant. Heat exchange is responsible for this as well, cold aire being forced into a very hot head cause's more condensaition to build up on the port walls..

Think air compressor, the more psi it builds, the more moister it puts in the air being delivered., now im not talking solid liquid water, but a mist that can be very moist, like water injection alone does.

Why else would you get rust on the inside of a engine from the intake manifold to a exhaust port...

Any one ever tested turbo's on a test bench at full psi?? turbo's will act like a de humidifier and inject compressed air with moisture into the air.

Now i probalby shouldent have posted this and let those few doubters die in there entire ignorance, but for those who do care to learn here are a few of the many variables to consider.

now, why don't our charge air systems and intercoolers have water separators and water drain valves like shop air compressors? :confused: I wonder if it's because the charge temps are so high and no real expansion occurs. Awesome attempt at a correlation though :D

When you guys get this all figured out, I'd appreciate it if someone could send me a name and number for porting the head for moderate street use(around 1000hp).
Thanks alot.
RonA

Hey Ron, What did Randy find on your other head issue. Is he able to fix it for you? Did you let him know you are getting one of Zachs new heads? I know Greg from ZZ spent a bunch of time with Randy on his new CNC port machine and flow bench he may be a good canidate if Greg is unavailable or backed up.

Chris.

Wade, you owe me a keyboard! LOL

Seriously, though - this doubter isn't likely to die for several more decades (Lord willing)... do you realize relatively cool intake charge air & relatively warm cylinder head intake ports cause vaporization of suspended droplets - not condensation?

Also, an air compressor doesn't put moisture (correct spelling, for reference;)) into the air - try reducing your moist mist by using the drain valve once in a while.

Lastly, a dehumidifier removes moisture from the air - so it's kinda hard for a turbo to inject moist mist. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Wade.
I really appreciate the time you take to post here in these threads. It has probably saved me thousands of dollars and many hours of frustration. Thank you so much for allowing me to cut my losses at a mere $600 and some change. I shudder to think what i could have wasted if I'd dealt with you on a large project.

Please keep up the good work and spread the word.

RonA

Wade.
I really appreciate the time you take to post here in these threads. It has probably saved me thousands of dollars and many hours of frustration. Thank you so much for allowing me to cut my losses at a mere $600 and some change. I shudder to think what i could have wasted if I'd dealt with you on a large project.

RonA

You'd save a lot of money if you wouldnt ask 55,897 different people for opinions on engine building...ur a idiot and everyone of your theads show it.:redx:

BTW my ideas might not gain the ideal support on the internet, but they sure do work in the real world, every engine or truck i've ever built has proved that. :eek:wned:

Wade.

RonA

:eek:wned:

....First time I've ever posted one of those....

now, why don't our charge air systems and intercoolers have water separators and water drain valves like shop air compressors? :confused: I wonder if it's because the charge temps are so high and no real expansion occurs. Awesome attempt at a correlation though :D

Because during combustion the water is turned into energy, it dosent just puddle up...

Seriously, though - this doubter isn't likely to die for several more decades (Lord willing)... do you realize relatively cool intake charge air & relatively warm cylinder head intake ports cause vaporization of suspended droplets - not condensation?

Also, an air compressor doesn't put moisture (correct spelling, for reference;)) into the air - try reducing your moist mist by using the drain valve once in a while.

Lastly, a dehumidifier removes moisture from the air - so it's kinda hard for a turbo to inject moist mist. :rolleyes:

If a keyboard is all i owe you im doing well. :hehe:

It's a fact that these conditions put moister into the engine, if you disagree with that well, thats your opinion.

Wade, I don't know you, but from some of your internet posts that show your disturbing lack of general knowledge in the area of physical science, I can't figure out how your vehicles still run.

Honestly, I'm impressed with the custom trick parts in your race truck, I just don't know how you've managed to design parts and pieces without a solid foundation in physics, thermodynamics, and general chemistry.

Quick crash course:

Warm air can hold more moisture than cooler air.

Practical real world phenomenon to help you remember: Fog forms in the evening and early morning as air temperature falls, not in the afternoon as the outside temperature rises.

Wade, I don't know you, but from some of your internet posts that show your disturbing lack of general knowledge in the area of physical science, I can't figure out how your vehicles still run.

Honestly, I'm impressed with the custom trick parts in your race truck, I just don't know how you've managed to design parts and pieces without a solid foundation in physics, thermodynamics, and general chemistry.

Quick crash course:

Warm air can hold more moisture than cooler air.

Practical real world phenomenon to help you remember: Fog forms in the evening and early morning as air temperature falls, not in the afternoon as the outside temperature rises.

While im not the best at getting my ideas across this dang keyboard, i'll give it another shot.

I do understand and grasp the basics of thermodynamics and chemistry, maybe my there of a different point of view. i mean everyone thought Albert einstien was crazy too.
When opposing temps like warm and cold come into contact on the ground or in metal, plastic, you name it the surface creats a barrier of condensation, same thing happens inside a engine. Cold air foced into a very hot combustion camber and the ports before and after will creat some type of moisture, other wise the inside of our engines would never rust

Because during combustion the water is turned into energy, it dosent just puddle up...

If a keyboard is all i owe you im doing well. :hehe:

It's a fact that these conditions put moister into the engine, if you disagree with that well, thats your opinion.

I agree with you on this one Wade. My uncle raises shellfish commercially and one of his best sellers is a cross between a mussel and an oyster. It is in fact called a moister. When you clean them out of your engine, be sure to only eat them during months with an "R".

i agree with you on this one wade. My uncle raises shellfish commercially and one of his best sellers is a cross between a mussel and an oyster. It is in fact called a moister. When you clean them out of your engine, be sure to only eat them during months with an "r".

rotflmfao

hahahahaha. this thread is crackin me up boys....my stomach hurts im laughin so hard. "diesel power" never ceases to amaze me....Wade no offsense really....but does anyone really care about a very slight almost unnoticeable amount of "moisture"? totally irrelevant to this thread. lets not talk about rust in our intake tract in a 12v aftermarket head thread....me personally id like to hear about somethin making horsepower. dont get me wrong tho...i got a good laugh! Thanks for that diesel power!

Back