porting

Pic I found back in the day.
porthead1_lg.jpg

Every head is slightly different. I've removed quite a bit of metal from them without going through...it all depends where the metal is removed.

X2 on every head being slightly different. Add to that every port/bowl being slightly different and you can also get surprised that way. Don't ask me how I know.

I'll also echo Forrest's comments...if this truck is a street truck, stick to bowl work. If you're building a competition rig, that's another story.

how much power could be gained from bowl blending intake and exhaust and porting the exhaust and how would this help spool up and egts

so it will make it spool slower ive heard that they spool faster with lower egts my head is at the machine shop and i told them to bowl blend both sides and gaskit match and blend the exhaust runner so this could make my truck spool slower would it be better to just do the bowls

Last edited:
what is the benifits i tow alot with this truck and i would like it to make alot more power and keep my egts down how much later would the turbos spool in the rpm band

they will spool up EARLIER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it will reduce your EGTS!!!!

just do it already and quit asking the same question a thousand times! LOL

they will spool up EARLIER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it will reduce your EGTS!!!!

just do it already and quit asking the same question a thousand times! LOL

Forrest, so if it spools slower and there are no power gains, then why do it in the first place? kidding.

The head on my 98' flows 214 intake and 192 on the exhaust at .550 lift and the intake was not cut off, there are ways to get to #1 and #6 if you think outside of the box.

The head on the 01' 12V only has bowl and exhaust work done with a raised roof.

Jim

Back