possible 6.0 swap.

Nkimmel2

Ive got an 04 motor that im thinking about doing a rebuild on and putting in my 84 f150. Anybody done this swap? ive seen on truck my vintage on youtube, but I got no response from the guy. im curious how they fit, what kind of mounts have to be made and if anything has to be adjusted for clearance. just trying to get an idea of what kind of project it would be

You could get in touch with First Coast Diesel Performance. They have a later model F150 drag truck with one. Could probably at least give you some pointers on wiring and stuff.

Or get with Wayne (that's his screen name) over on powerstrokearmy.com . He's put one in a late 70's model truck that came out real nice.

OK thanks. That truck is the next style up when they totally redid the truck. i'm curious how they fit in my body style truck. so how they put it in that truck may not work for me. The electrical would be helpful i'm sure though. thanks for the tip

:thankyou2:

Last edited:
I was going to put a diesel in my 89 F250, but bought a new truck instead. If you go with a 6.9 or an early 7.3 mechanical then it should not be much of an issue. but if you go later than I would recommend that you have a donor truck for all the electrics, AC mounts etc.

Back