Possible boost leak

chev'in88

I bought a lb7 Monday and it can with a bully dog gt tuner. On the max setting the highest I have see the boost on the gt reader ONE time was 14lbs and it's fairly smokey. Seems to me like a boost leak but I'm looking on some input from anyone with experience on an lb7 with this tuner.

There's an issue for sure. Should make closer to 28ish

Check the hot side intercooler pipe (pre intercooler) down by where it connects to the intercooler. See if the pipe has been rubbing on the hard lines that are on the frame. I'll bet you have a hole down there. Seen it on quite a few lb7's.

Your intercooler may also have a few small leaks.

Thanks ill have to look. If I have to pressure test the system and it ends up being the intercooler is there any way to repair it or will I have to find a new one?

Depends on where the leaks are, how big and how many.

Also be sure to check all the boots in the air tract for ruptures.

When I do a pressure test I know to make a PVC cap with a fitting to pressurize on the intake size. But how and where do I cap off the other side or will the motor it's self seal it enough

vabutude.jpg

Im working on one right now. Make a plug like this and stick it in the driver side intercooler boot and put in about 20 psi. This is a lbz put its the same test.

Back