Post 4k install issues

GorillaDave

Aníbal Catastrophe
Just installed a haisley 4k kit in my 97 adjusted the idle everything. Purred like a kitten went for a test drive....started to miss put it in neutral brought it up a little to see if it would clear out. Started to pop and smoke excessively now. Pegged my egt gauge and now won't even idle with out my foot on it.

I'm thinking it either jumped time or something is stuck in the pump.

All words appreciated guys.

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

I checked for shims. Only found them on one side during install. I have checked AFC, fuel plate, and the solenoid. All seem to be ok. Guess ill have a look at the timing when I get a chance. Any other things I should look for?

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

I checked for shims. Only found them on one side during install. I have checked AFC, fuel plate, and the solenoid. All seem to be ok. Guess ill have a look at the timing when I get a chance. Any other things I should look for?

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

I don't think there would only be shims on one side, I would check again

Will do. I will have my hands on it again Wednesday.

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

Fellas, your spidey senses were spot on..... Timing was way out. She is now sitting at 18* and loving life. Thanks for everything.

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

Fellas, your spidey senses were spot on..... Timing was way out. She is now sitting at 18* and loving life. Thanks for everything.

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

Good to hear, I think everyone has made a mistake like that, change something and something else has an issue and leads you on a wild goose chase.

Jim

Back