Power steering pump?

So far i found that its around 70-80 psi at idle and the relief valve is 1450psi. So my question is would that be strong enough to run into and orbital valve and power a 2-2.5in hydraulic 2 way ram for my steering? Or do i need a more powerful pump?

At idle the output of the pump is going to be low. With an electric one it will be the same no matter what the engine speed. That would make it easier for steering around the pits, loading/unloading, etc.

Are there any electric ones that are resonable size? Most ive seen are awfully big.

i ve got one that came off an electric tailgate thats small. it sits on my inner fender. its about 10 inches long 5 inches wide. then you just need a small reservoir.

So far i found that its around 70-80 psi at idle and the relief valve is 1450psi. So my question is would that be strong enough to run into and orbital valve and power a 2-2.5in hydraulic 2 way ram for my steering? Or do i need a more powerful pump?

YES, its done all the time on mud trucks, some with upto 6 foot tall tractor tires, ive done it myself

The more i think about it, i cant see why not. I dont know what the insode of the steering box looks like but if that psi can move that i would think it can move a hyd ram alot better right?

Back