Power steering/vacuum pump combo????

firemanram

Does anybody have any info on these pumps?? Goulds told me Not to use this style of vacuum pump & said they will come apart!! He told me to throw it away:doh:!!
1eef75d6.jpg

084db831.jpg

Last edited:
We have that vacuum pump/PS pump combo on the corvette, had no issues with it last year. Granted we have the vacuum ports blocked off.

I want to use it because I figured other guys are running them! He said the sealed bearing will come apart! I was thinking about putting a new bearing on & running it! Have you ran one of them also 72chevy?

Bowtied, did you replace anything, rebuild or reseal before you used it?
Thanks for the replies!!

Never ran one, but I have had them apart & they look durable. I am looking for one so I can eliminate the pump on my '94 engine. I gut the vacuume portion & just run the ps pump. If you decide to get rid of it let me know.

We took the diaphrams off and run it so we can fit a PS pump on the corvette for the power brakes. It is off a 91 VE that had over 500,000 miles on it and we did nothing to it other than delete the diaphrams.

We took the diaphrams off and run it so we can fit a PS pump on the corvette for the power brakes. It is off a 91 VE that had over 500,000 miles on it and we did nothing to it other than delete the diaphrams.

Sweet!!:Cheer:

Back