Power streering help!

nativex

CHARLIE G's Mobil Auto
Hey Diesel Heads, any advice on adding a extra return line to the old school power steering pump? Some guy on You Tube added one in order to match up the lines for the booster but never fully explained it. Also" what do ya do with vacuum line from pump? Thank!

I just put a T in the line & plug the vacuum port at the pump on my 72. You could also swap the PS reservoir with a dual return one. I think your heat & ac controls need vacuum on the dodge.

Last edited:
Vacuum/Power steering

Well, for what ever reason know one seams to know much about this issue! I've requested alil" help with my power steering and vacuum and got (a) suggestion. since then I put a new power steering pump on with two return lines and need to know how too tie in the vacuum line!! Any help would be much appreciated.

So you replaced the vacuum booster with a hydroboost unit? I am only guessing because your original question never stated why you needed the extra return. If you swaped in a hydroboost unit obviously you need to eliminate the vacuum supply that went to the old booster & supply vacuum from your vacuum pump to the remaining vacuum lines.

Back