Power Towing Mirrors

Hey I am thinking about upgrading to power towing mirrors like these...
Dodge RAM 94 97 Towing Tow Extendable Mirrors Power | eBay
It says no modifications needed so will they plug directly into the dodge plug that came in the 12v 2nd gen trucks?

Also, and this is my main concern. I want to say I read somewhere on the forums that all the SLT Laramie trucks came wired for power mirrors they just required the switch and capable mirrors of course. Is this true or is something else required to make this upgrade? Thanks for any input

im watchin the same ones..

and lookin for similar input on these.. thanks guys!

I just plugged the mirrors into mine and they were operational, but my connectors looked tampered with so maybe a quick check on a wiring schematic would help! (Truck had power windows from the factory)

If your truck has power mirrors from the factory, then the tow mirrors should plug directly into your factory connector, I ordered powered/heated tow mirrors from pure diesel power and they plugged right in so I'm assuming these wouldn't be any different.

Ok that's good info, what about if the SLT's came pre wired for power mirrors whether they actually came equipped with them or not?

You will need the plate that goes on the inside of the door to hold the larger mirrors ebay has them I have seen them some where like $15 that is the right plug if they had power mirrors from the factory I don't know about if the truck didn't power good luck

Yup I have that covered. I have the same mirrors as those with the reinforcement plate just not power right now, I'm looking to upgrade so my girlfriend will be able to drive the mirrors more easily when she drives.

Was looking into this earlier and didn't quite know. Thanks or the info guys.

I bought the same ones for my '97 and plugged right in to oem connector.

Last edited:
I believe it's hit or miss with the quality of these aftermarket mirrors. I don't every move my mirrors and have had great luck with the OEM manual Mopar mirrors. I had a bad experience with some aftermarket non towing mirrors for my half ton and needless to say I'm getting my money back because they were junk. Flopped when I shut the door right after install.

i have the big towing mirrors with the door braces,and mine is an slt with towing option and it is wired for power mirrors all the plugs are just sitting there.

I also got mine for my 97' off ebay and imn very happy! But, at one point i think i pinched a wire putting the door panel back on and then they kept shorting out. Im ordering a new switch soon so they are currently non-powered lol. Make sure that when you do get them to pull as much of the wiring from the mirror so that it doesnt strech when you plug them in. I also had to trim down the back of the switch to get it to clear the extended bolts.

Back