powerbraking...

mstordahl

Diesel Mechanic
I cannot get my truck to push through the brakes and do a burnout no matter how hard I try, and I have good low end fueling and my limiters are not stopping it, so what is? Anyone get past this? Truck is stock other than efi.

you should put you a line lock in it so you can apply front brakes only! way less wear and tear on your whole truck that way..... and they are cheap and easy to do..

Put some water down or take it out of 4x4 :lolly:
:hehe:

My 2006 did it just fine yesterday! I could even get it to do it stock.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=702IILnCYjg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=702IILnCYjg[/ame]

Last edited:
From looking at his mods I dont see it happening readily.

there are still transmission protect settings that we dont have access to yet. you can log it and see when it activates.

That is what I figured skneeland, but wanted to ask to be sure, and that is why I posted this in the efi section.

With foot on the brake, and throttle to the floor, the truck will pull up to about 2200, then it just sits there, and no matter wether I feather the brakes, it will not break them loose. It is a dually, so harder to do, but still. One more thing that efi will have to add to the list. I will try some logging to see what is holding it back, but was just interested to see if any of you had run into this yet.

What does powerbraking have to do with Efi live or performance? My dads stock 6.5L Chevy could burn the tires down but it was far from fast.

Last edited:
That is what I figured skneeland, but wanted to ask to be sure, and that is why I posted this in the efi section.

With foot on the brake, and throttle to the floor, the truck will pull up to about 2200, then it just sits there, and no matter wether I feather the brakes, it will not break them loose. It is a dually, so harder to do, but still. One more thing that efi will have to add to the list. I will try some logging to see what is holding it back, but was just interested to see if any of you had run into this yet.

Really? Does EFI live have a more power button? If so, try that.

Thanks for the reply smartass. I was just asking if there was another table that might be controlling this and limiting torque for trans protection. And like I said, this is in the efi section because I am tuning with efi.

Thanks for the reply smartass. I was just asking if there was another table that might be controlling this and limiting torque for trans protection. And like I said, this is in the efi section because I am tuning with efi.

When a dumbass asks a question its up to a smartass to set them straight.

sounds like a valid request to me ..,

X2, You've got to be able to get rid of the torque management to spool a big single turbo off the line, whether sled pulling or drag racing. With the tq management on after 18lbs of boost mine will hit the tq wall, get rid of the tq management and leave the line at 25 lbs sled pulling and tires are spinning off the line.

Step 1: apply brake heavily(left foot+left pedal)
Step 2: apply gas pedal (right pedal+ right foot) all the way down
Step 3: bump brake pedal off then back on ( left pedal + left foot)
Step 4: tires are now spinning work pedals off an on accordingly!!!!

Back