Pre-Raceweekend prep - Getting ready for setting a track record and personal best

bgreen776

White Collar Fabricator
What are some things you do that newbs like me might not think of in preparation for the upcoming race weekend.

I want to have as much crap done as I can before I have to leave for the track this Friday.

Trailer prep: Absorb, trash bags, diapers, rags, cleaners (solvents and soaps), wiring, hoses, tools

Tire pressure gauge, and air compressor with air chuck. IR temp gun.

All my fluids are checked or changed in the race truck and the tow pig. My laptop is backed up and the dongles for making tuning changes are on board. Cameras and SD cards are ready. Both trucks have their programmers sitting in the back seat.

Nitrous bottle is full

Helmet and firejacket are in the trailer

Fuel tank is at 1/4 full, spare 5 gallons in the trailer

What might I be forgetting?

If I were to go tomorrow I would bring a generator, a big ass fan, impact wrenches, creeper, all tools, air compressor, tent, and a cooler full of beer and junk food at the minimum.

If I were to go tomorrow I would bring a generator, a big ass fan, impact wrenches, creeper, all tools, air compressor, tent, and a cooler full of beer and junk food at the minimum.

Thisis is a very good listI would also like to add A dewalt battery powered radio in case you cant hear announcements, red/blue locktite, breaker bar, fix a gasket, blankets to cover your slicks ( so you don't have to fight tire pressure all day event ), and a case of water is always a plus

The battery radio is a great idea. I'm going to get one tomorrow!

a spare ujoint doesn't hurt to have. Also jeepers tip that will never come in handy, but costs nothing to have on hand.... yellow ****ty nylon rope. You know that stuff that burns your hands in about 6" of sliding. a chunk of that lit on fire and melted on a surface is just about as strong as plastic weld. I have fixed everything form radiators to engine oil pans with that stuff.

That's one I've never heard, nice! I could have used that on a buddies jet boat a few years ago.

spare clamps for boost hoses are nice to have in the spare parts box.

Back