pressure gauge for boost gauge?

sonoran591

1939 12v
has anyone ever used an old pressure gauge as a boost gauge? I think that would be the perfect fit for my 1939 dodge especially since it used to be an old fire truck.

Should work just fine, that would be neat in an old truck like that

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

It should work fine, but depending on the engine and where you are tapping, you may find that you get too many pulsations (gauge flutter). If that is an issue, try installing a needle valve (e.g., ISSPRO R7742 or Weatherhead P/N 6820) and tighten it down almost completely, using it as an adjustable snubber. Run the needle valve closer to the engine connection.

I use a 150psi air pressure gauge for total boost on my twins, works good

I have a 1/4" npt, 2 1/2" face, liquid filled, bottom mount, 60 psi gauge zip tied to my steering column right now. I'm using it for drive pressure and it works great!

Also used a cheap sunpro oil pressure gauge for drive pressure for a bit and it worked fine

0908dp_14_z+1928_dodge_brothers_sedan+air_compressor_gauge.jpg

I'm using a dual needle 150psi air pressure gauge. I haven't hooked up the second port for drive pressure yet but the boost side works fine.

JQMile, there are so many ridiculous things in that pic alone! LOL the gauge, the fitting, the poker chip, and what looks to be dual screw-style hose clamps on your intake manifold. Gotta love a budget build!

JQMile, there are so many ridiculous things in that pic alone! LOL the gauge, the fitting, the poker chip, and what looks to be dual screw-style hose clamps on your intake manifold. Gotta love a budget build!

I believe that's off that one rat rod twinned 12v motor. Thing is nasty if it's the one I'm thinking of.

Back