Price Check, please. Lifted 2001 QCSB

npe3484

I hate ATF
00h0h_9SGexhl5JnZ_600x450.jpg

00C0C_dIQbZ9bHOPx_600x450.jpg

I'm looking at a truck locally and want to see what everyone here thinks of the price ($12,000). 201,000 miles.

The good:
2001 QCSB 4x4
Skyjacker 7" long arm lift kit
Cepek 375/60/R18 tires (36x15.50)
Air Dog FP100
Extremely clean interior and exterior
No engine/performance mods. No gauges.

The bad:
Tires are dry-rotted and only have 25% tread
Dash and bezel are cracked
Tiny 420 CCA batteries (literally tiny, like 8"x7"x7")
Power steering pump is leaking horribly and sounds terrible
Power steering box may be leaking as well
Unsure of trans age. Shifted fine during the test drive.
Drum brake rear axle was swapped in
Rust starting to form at the bottom of the doors

I wouldnt give any more than 10k with those problems, but im also not looking for a truck like that.

The fact that he put those tiny batteries in should let you know he don't know how to look after his truck. What other mechanical parts had he had to repair? On top of that what's the appeal to a lift like that an goofy big tires.

$5k tops. I have seen auction trucks that need less chit go for less than $2k. Some oraler will get a loan for 10k for it though since they are the masters of overlooking a pile of minor issues for the sake of "looking cool".

2 batteries - $300
Power steering pump- $100 (been a while since I have purchased one)
Tires- $2000 give or take on what you actually get
Steering box- $150-400 depending on where you buy
Door rust- $$$$
Fass/aftermarket lift pump- $3-400
Fuel pressure gauge- $100

Truck is the typical 24v money pit man. You would have close to 5 grand in it making it clean and reliable realistically once you factor in parts and labor or put a value on your time. If you managed to get the truck for 5 grand you then have a total of 10 grand invested in a 200k mile truck that isn't all that desirable. I would keep on looking. You can get clean common rails for that kind of money if you keep your eye out too.

I think zfaylor hit the nail on the head and if it is a 24v you have your heart set on they can be found in much better shape for the same or less money the one thing he didn't touch on was the trans and with those tires and the type of maintenance and care or lack there of you can almost bet it will need some work sooner then later so ad $2500-$5000 I think your money is better spent elsewhere hope this helps good luck in your search

Thanks for the responses!

She owes $13k still on the truck, so there's no way to make the numbers work and still get the truck for a good deal.

Back