Pro Street Diesel at NOPI Sept 19-21

REV-X1

I have been working with Sam Smith of Carolina Diesel Performance, and the guys over at NOPI to bring some fast diesels into their show. NOPI has agreed to bring in the pro street diesel class for one of their events for this year.
They have offered up a $3000.00 payout for this race. Well I just spoke to Dan here in the office and he has sweetened the pot a little, to the tune of $2500 for the winner! Say what? Yes, sir that's right, $2500 to the winner. BUT, There is one stipulation. There will have to be a minimum of 10 trucks that qualify, and you have a REV-X Sticker on your truck while racing (We will be at the race and will be giving the stickers to racers). Other than that run what ya brung, and hope you brung enough.

To qualify you will have to run 9.90 or better. We are looking for a 16 truck field. If there are more than 16 qualified trucks, we will take the quick 16.
Now this will be a one day event for you diesel guys. Friday will be test and tune if needed. Then Saturday will be the pro street show down. Qualifying will take place Saturday morning, with eliminations Saturday afternoon.
I know that Sam has talked to some of you, If you are interested in participating, or know someone that might want to participate, Post upi on here if your in.
We are also looking for more sponsors to make the purse as big as possible. Lets take the diesel show to NOPI! If this race turns out well, NOPI will want to do it again, and they are talking about 12-16 events next year. This could turn out to be a great opportunity for the everyone involved, racers, sponsors, and spectators.
Post up what you think.

Last edited:
Yeah it's a huge import org. that hold a car show and drag race at the Atlanta dragway. I've never been to it but a lot of my friends have they say it's has a huge turnout.

I think you might get 10 trucks, the 9.90 or better might be difficult. How many trucks actually showed up in Fl a couple of years ago the the big $25,000 shoot out? I understand that was a lot different than this.

10 trucks minimum qualifying at 9.90 or better...

Ya that's not happening. I was interested in this until the 9.90 part. Noway I'm traveling far to risk that many pro trucks showing up. Then having to run 9.90 or better to even qualify. Best of luck on the event but I think reality is there is slim to zero chance. TS I'd say has the biggest pro class. How many do they have out of curiosity?

Mamba will be there and Phil Taylor already agreed and Sam's truck. We are 1/3 of the way there already! Don't see a problem getting 6 more

I'm also fairly certain Ashley black won't have a problem coming as its only an hour from him.

I see about 8 making it 10 is going to be a push and now ay in hell they see a 16 truck field..

I'm also fairly certain Ashley black won't have a problem coming as its only an hour from him.

Add Team green who is fairly close and you are half way there. I hope it does happen for sure. I hope it happens for sure. How close to ready is Rudy? How about Buck? There is 7.

If I could get some passes in by then and know I can get in the 9's. I'd try it. But at this point I'd be happy to see everything bolted up to the truck. Doesn't even have to start. :nail: If I can get and stay in the high 9's by then. I'll do my best to make it.

Last edited:
Add Team green who is fairly close and you are half way there. I hope it does happen for sure. I hope it happens for sure. How close to ready is Rudy? How about Buck? There is 7.

If I could get some passes in by then and know I can get in the 9's. I'd try it. But at this point I'd be happy to see everything bolted up to the truck. Doesn't even have to start. :nail: If I can get and stay in the high 9's by then. I'll do my best to make it.

How about a clean pass 1st..... Unless tou have unlimited funds.

I'm going to try and make this race. Looks like some good competition, and would like to see some more races next year.

This Race is going to happen guys. It is already scheduled. I would like to see all of the Pro street trucks there. Rudy's had 10-12 p/s trucks and that was a good turn out for a private event.
The 10 truck minimum is only to get the increase of $2500 for the winner. The $3000 from NOPI is still up for grabs, and I am working my butt off to get some more sponsors for this race. I will be talking to my contacts this week to get more money for the racers of this class.
Last year I was at the Atlanta NOPI event and they had a 10,000 person turn out. It rained out the drag races on Saturday and nobody left they all moved into the vendor area, and over to the drift track. It was an awesome turn out. Plus, I know a lot of the Pro Street guys own their own shops from all over the country. What a better way to talk to new people about what they can do to the trucks that are hauling all of their race cars, drift cars, and the like.
Check out the NOPI site for some more information on these events. Here is a link.
http://www.nopinationals.com/
If you have any questions your can call me directly @ 616-200-6683.
Andy

The cool thing about this race is most people there won't be used to seeing fast diesels. It will be great exposure for the diesel community.

Back