Pro Street Trucks at TS

I guess to answer your question at least for me I wanted to race a full framed truck that was still street legal and see how quick you could make it. If I were trying to go light I would build a tube truck and go really light. The 1/2 ton and smaller trucks are nice, but not what I wanted to build.

I believe that was the origional intent of the Pro Street class. License plates were even required. Over time the rules were changed because the two wheel drive trucks couldn't compete because of traction issues, so the 2wd trucks were shortened and slicks were added. Then came the unrestricted power adders and power went thru the roof. In the end, the only thing that keeps Pro Street fair is a weight limit. Four wheel drive trucks are still at a 500 to 1000 lb weight disadvantage. Outside of adding a 9" front and rear I have done almost everything to reduce weight on my truck and I'm stuck at 5,248lbs. Hopefully the new trans setup will drop a few more pounds.

I believe that was the origional intent of the Pro Street class. License plates were even required...

I thought that was the intent of super street. Pro street was for the borderline street-able trucks. I would like to see anything with "street" in the division require you to have a plated truck, but I would also like to see them put the weight at like 3500lbs. Tube chassis is prohibited so to actually get to 3500lbs would take some work. There is also no weight discrimination in the pro street class it is all currently 4500lbs. Obviously not having to carry the beefier front suspension, front axle, front drive shaft, and transfer case, the 2wd is much easier to get to that weight.

Pro-Stock min weight is 2350lbs. I would like to see Pro Street at 3500lbs, and Super Street at 4500lbs across the board 2wd and 4wd. If you have a heavy mega cab truck that doesn't keep up with the guys in the 4500lbs in Super street, run sportsman.

I do like the revisions for super street this year. Keeps them more true to a dd weekend warrior truck.

I thought that was the intent of super street. Pro street was for the borderline street-able trucks. I would like to see anything with "street" in the division require you to have a plated truck, but I would also like to see them put the weight at like 3500lbs. Tube chassis is prohibited so to actually get to 3500lbs would take some work. There is also no weight discrimination in the pro street class it is all currently 4500lbs. Obviously not having to carry the beefier front suspension, front axle, front drive shaft, and transfer case, the 2wd is much easier to get to that weight.

Pro-Stock min weight is 2350lbs. I would like to see Pro Street at 3500lbs, and Super Street at 4500lbs across the board 2wd and 4wd. If you have a heavy mega cab truck that doesn't keep up with the guys in the 4500lbs in Super street, run sportsman.

I do like the revisions for super street this year. Keeps them more true to a dd weekend warrior truck.

3500lbs. is unattainable for a 4wd without cutting it up to the point of body panels on a frame and I don't think that is what pro street is about. I am happy with the 4500lb. weight but would rather see 5000lb. minimum. JMO!

I believe that was the origional intent of the Pro Street class. License plates were even required. Over time the rules were changed because the two wheel drive trucks couldn't compete because of traction issues, so the 2wd trucks were shortened and slicks were added. Then came the unrestricted power adders and power went thru the roof. In the end, the only thing that keeps Pro Street fair is a weight limit. Four wheel drive trucks are still at a 500 to 1000 lb weight disadvantage. Outside of adding a 9" front and rear I have done almost everything to reduce weight on my truck and I'm stuck at 5,248lbs. Hopefully the new trans setup will drop a few more pounds.
Your truck looks like it will be a beast. If you can get it dialed in should be a tough truck to beat. Really looking forward to seeing it run at TS and OBX if you are going to that race.

I believe we might be talking about class names and rules for at least two different race organizations and maybe a third with the Outlaw series. I think what you are referring to are the NHRDA rules. IMHO Superstreet would be better served if 4x4 where 6,500 and 2x4 were 5,500 minimum with only DOT tires allowed. Prostreet trucks at 4,500 lbs is fine with me. Getting a 3/4 4x4 to that weight would be damn difficult.

I don't understand the Superstreet class as outlined in TS rules, what trucks are going to run this class? Seems to be a bit of a lost class.

I don't understand the Superstreet class as outlined in TS rules, what trucks are going to run this class? Seems to be a bit of a lost class.

It is designed to give S-10, Rangers, and Full bodied cars a class to compete in.

Back