pro street weight

cnsmoke

AKA PooDot
what is the required weight or is there one for pro street??is there any other rules we may need to know also??

I believe in Pro stock if they weigh under 4500lbs. Minimum weight for pro stock is 2350lbs.

It depends on sanctioning body and such, but 4000-4500-ish 2wd and 5000-5500-ish 4wd is what I have seen.

Who's rules have [ish] in them? There are so many with heavier all wheel drive trucks that want to run with the lighter more race setup 2wd trucks with much better suspension set ups...each has a legit point, there should be a 2 and a 4WD class so that the weights can be fair for both classes. The min. could even be less than 4k for all I care, it needs to be to where the small and mid sized trucks can run also, Pro Stock is no place to put them where 7 second trucks are the field. Can anyone imagine how a 3k# truck would ride with 1500# stacked in the bed not to mention how ridiculously unsafe it would be. Thats like 7 or 8 of the big tractor weights....., I just see many smaller trucks not having a place to run and that seems like a bad idea to me, lower or remove them and let everyone thats legal for thier E.T.'s have fun. Ryan

I think he said "ish" because it can vary from one sanctioning body to another...

Can anyone imagine how a 3k# truck would ride with 1500# stacked in the bed not to mention how ridiculously unsafe it would be. Thats like 7 or 8 of the big tractor weights....., I just see many smaller trucks not having a place to run and that seems like a bad idea to me, lower or remove them and let everyone thats legal for thier E.T.'s have fun. Ryan

What?? Adjust the spring rates, make sure the tires are rated for that weight, and go with it...who cares how it rides, as long as it's safe. I've never seen too many bumps on the drag strip.

Personally, I could care less who I have to run with, but I would like to be able to run with people running similar times to keep from looking like a complete fool, ie, Pro Street, not Pro Stock. Also, I will weight up if required, to run in whatever class I can...5000lb Fuel only, sure add some weights...4500lb Pro Street, sure take some weight off. It will make setting the suspension a PITA, having to adjust springs, but I'm sure I can make it work!

I guess I'll find out the first time I want to run a sanctioned event!
Chris

I think he said "ish" because it can vary from one sanctioning body to another...

I agree but this na..dhra group is 5k and the NHRDA is 4500. That I know of no one has listed anything about 4k, It is what it is. I dont have one of these small or mid sized trucks in the hunt but know of several and many on here that do.

At the NHRDA I will have to run in the Pro Stock class. And I guess if I look like a fool for not running 7's than so be it. I am not going to add 1000lbs to this thing to move into the pro street class. I don't have the room to add weight, and I will be doing good to get it done in time for Topeka! LOL

At the NHRDA I will have to run in the Pro Stock class. And I guess if I look like a fool for not running 7's than so be it. I am not going to add 1000lbs to this thing to move into the pro street class. I don't have the room to add weight, and I will be doing good to get it done in time for Topeka! LOL

Exactly, I forgot about your car... how would one go about adding 1k/1500# to a fiberglass vette:hehe: Good luck in that Pro Stock class by the way. I sure wouldnt mind having ya in Pro Street where you belong. Over ruling the classes isnt great for getting this thing off big time, so long long as the car or truck is safe and legal for thier times ran should be the biggest concerns.

Exactly, I forgot about your car... how would one go about adding 1k/1500# to a fiberglass vette:hehe: Good luck in that Pro Stock class by the way. I sure wouldnt mind having ya in Pro Street where you belong. Over ruling the classes isnt great for getting this thing off big time, so long long as the car or truck is safe and legal for thier times ran should be the biggest concerns.

Are you going to be putting your front fenders back on for Pro Street??

what if they did away with minimum weight? would that cause too many problems?

Why?? What would removing the minimum weight solve? Put a set of scales at the track (that most would probably already have)...Put them on the scales during tech, and go race. Most that are already in that class can't get down to the minimum weight anyway. If those in the class now don't want my 1/2 ton in the class, that's fine too, must mean they're scared of something.

Chris

what if they did away with minimum weight? would that cause too many problems?

The ONLY problem it would cause is with the guys that have bombed the hell out of these huge ass heavy 4x4 trucks that want the class to fit them rather than lighter purpose built race cars. Some of those guys are making silly HP that would run unreal times if they put that power in a race weight car or truck. But were all diff. and thats great it is impressive to see a heavy 4x4 truck run in the 6's in the 1/8th and there are a few that are doing it but that shouldnt prevent the other lighter class of trucks or cars, just make them thier own 4x4 class so everyones ok with it and not a select few. Its all about everyone getting to race thier built projects, let all the weight rules ect.. be delt with later once the sport is up and going stronger and full seats in attendances. Not with ego's and 1st place trophys.....

Last edited:
Its gonna be iffy for a while till more of the light weight cars and trucks get finished ... then its time to start adding more classes. Until there is more of a demand out there we will have to be content with where we are placed. Nobody is going to build a 3,000lb truck, and then put 2,000lb of ballast in to make weight... although it would be neat to do full quarter wheelies. :rockwoot:

Its gonna be iffy for a while till more of the light weight cars and trucks get finished ... then its time to start adding more classes. Until there is more of a demand out there we will have to be content with where we are placed. Nobody is going to build a 3,000lb truck, and then put 2,000lb of ballast in to make weight... although it would be neat to do full quarter wheelies. :rockwoot:

Your's is another great example....

PS 2x2
PS 4x4
No weight limits, run what ya brung, hope its enough?

Nobody is going to build a 3,000lb truck, and then put 2,000lb of ballast in to make weight... although it would be neat to do full quarter wheelies. :rockwoot:

If I could get this thing that light I would...right now, I'm thinking I'll be closer to 4000-4200lbs, and I can weight up to 5000 to run the NADM Fuel only class, if they'll let a 1/2 ton in, at least!

Chris

If I could get this thing that light I would...right now, I'm thinking I'll be closer to 4000-4200lbs, and I can weight up to 5000 to run the NADM Fuel only class, if they'll let a 1/2 ton in, at least!

Chris

no you have to weight 5000+ to run NADM fuel only class

Back