Problem with Scheid Lasercuts!!! Will not idle!!!

I checked my fuel pressure last night and i had about 40-45 at idle and at WOT down the road i was getting close to 15-20! Does this sound correct or was the gauge a total piece??

Lance

Sounds about right to the level of HP you have. I think the limit you want to see is 18psi WOT. Just to let you know, I went with a FASS 180gpm@45psi when my fuel pump was on the way out and I am loving it. At WOT run to around 3800 RPM I can make it drop to about 43psi from 45. It is rock solid. Just for comparison, I have 503 HP so I should be flowing real close to the same amount of fuel as you.

If 18PSI is the safe limit for WOT it sounds like I was way below it as I could get the stock LP down to 7-9 PSI at WOT...

yeah, you are below it. The more pressure the better with the p7100. To a limit of course. However, the limit is well above 7-9psi. I could draw my pressure to 5-6psi before I changed mine. It still ran well, but you could tell it was running out of fuel on the upper RPM's.

acc1079 said:
yeah, you are below it. The more pressure the better with the p7100. To a limit of course. However, the limit is well above 7-9psi. I could draw my pressure to 5-6psi before I changed mine. It still ran well, but you could tell it was running out of fuel on the upper RPM's.

Judging by my smoke quality in while sled pulling at those RPM's you couldn't tell it was low of fuel though.. It was probably a factor in some of the issues I had last year.

This year that will be all taken care of.

acc1079 said:
Sounds about right to the level of HP you have. I think the limit you want to see is 18psi WOT. Just to let you know, I went with a FASS 180gpm@45psi when my fuel pump was on the way out and I am loving it. At WOT run to around 3800 RPM I can make it drop to about 43psi from 45. It is rock solid. Just for comparison, I have 503 HP so I should be flowing real close to the same amount of fuel as you.
--------------
oldsmokey:

I am running the exact same set-up as "acc1079" and am very happy with it.
I have me pressures set somewhat higher, 60lbs. at idle and it never gets below 57-58lbs at WOT. This is at about 3800-4000 RPM like "acc1079."

I may need to turn it down some as my Isolator on my "DiPricol F.P. Gauge" leaks occassionally and I feel it is probably due to the high pressure.

--------
John_P

but how low can i get before i start losing power on the upper rpms??? 10-15?? or what?

lance

Back