Project "Mini el Camino"

I am running an 80 dollar cx racing ebay intercooler, it has so far taken 50psi and actually cools very well. With cast end tanks and a somewhat compact size, it may be worth looking into.
Plus price is right if you are a budget minded builder.

Or you can run 2 small intercoolers as well....I think Nissan 300ZX twin turbo used 2 small intercoolers.

Out of storage finally---all cleaned up---ready to cruise !

100_1603.jpg

100_1607.jpg

100_1604.jpg
[/

I am not sure that things frame is strong enough to support the load of awesomeness it is constantly carrying. Sweetess VW Rabbit pickup I have ever seen!! Amazing work man:clap:.

Sorry for the lack of updates, but I have had one busy summer. Lots of shows, a pile of cruising and a little truck that works flawlessly. I didn't do anything but drive it this summer, and rebuilt the front end, which was long overdue. Hardly a day passed without a thumbs-up, or appreciative comment. I'm getting ready for winter now. Powdercoated a new pan and gathered all the parts for a new turbo drain (presently drains into the pan), PC'd a newly ported intake, gots a nice compact intercooler, and some other goodies.
One question.....Has anyone powdercoated or chromed hard injector lines? It must be a touchy job as the nuts are not removable. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Parts goodness
New downpipe
100_3275.jpg

New Pan
100_3128.jpg

Newly rebuilt tranny (torque is hard on these spindly transmissions ... LOL)
100_0451.jpg

Intake
100_9247.jpg

Intercooler
100_9213.jpg

Valve cover oil separator
100_8676.jpg

Catch Can
100_5232a.jpg

Wow, that downpipe takes me back. I've powder coated the injector lines, just keep the tapers clean. Use some shop towel on your wrench when you install them so you don't mark up the powder coating. Nice truck btw.

Back