Project: SuperMax

SuperSonic

El Vato
OK, so let me say that this is probably going to upset a few people and that alone makes me want to do this project all the more, so to all you haters. :shake:

What we are building is a 2008 F-450 clone with a Duramax Allison.
Starting with a 03-04 F-350 crew cab and 2wd frame, we will be transplanting a 2007 Duramax LBZ with a 6sp allison double overdrive transmission.
We are building this truck with towing in mind so big brakes and comfort are priority.
We plan on using the 05+ 2wd F450 front axle To achieve bigger brakes with either the F-350 2wd coils or a custom air ride setup, rear axle will be from a F-550 (heavier duty bigger brakes) and get the fastest gears possible ( I believe all I can get is a 4.30 R&P)
And will get a full air ride setup as well.
Interior will be pretty much stock 08 Lariat trim with the Nav, ps rear window, captains chairs, ps sunroof, with the exception of a good sound system, lots of guages, and some extra lighting.
The engine is being specd out to tow and do some hot rodding as well. It will recieve billet rods, slightly modified Mahle pistons, coated bearings, head studs, Maximized Performance tow twins, dual cp3's, and my own tuning via EFI Live.
The trans will be granted a run through the billet garden and a good converter and VB setup by a TBD company.
Extreior will get the 08 front clip and taillights, tailgate, bumper etc. it will ride on the 19.5 alcoa wheels wraped in low profile AT's. With ariride should be able to keep it tucked in low to the ground for cruising and still sit right for towing the GN.
I'm sure there is still a bunch of stuff i'm missing, on my list, so i'd appreciate it if you could help me fill in the blanks and I appreciate any constructive critisizim you dish out. Also any companies wanting to get involved in ths project, please contact me, I travel all over the country and go to pretty much every diesel event and I can show off your products.
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
woo hoo forget the cummapart and put a dmax in it

hell with a .62 od put 4.10 in the rear instead of 3.88 that would be one pulling beast

malibu795 said:
woo hoo forget the cummapart and put a dmax in it

hell with a .62 od put 4.10 in the rear instead of 3.88 that would be one pulling beast
what was your et time at the Redding Drag strip again? lol just playin with ya man.

Sounds like a cool rig. Gonna get back into pulling sometime?

Best of luck with the build!

C-ya

Wow, you must really like the ford truck body to go through all this swapping a second time. I personally would get a new body style LMM and get rid of the emmisions stuff, then swap in a solid front and you have a really nice truck with a straight axle. To each his own though, and you certainly will have a one of a kind truck with your durastroke.

Wow.....lots of work, but it will definitely be a one of a kind vehicle when done. Not to mention it should haul arse and tow pretty good too :rockwoot:

hmmm

A DMX in a ford!!!!! I'd go a 7.3L with a mech pump. Would take a LOT of time.

Most bystanders will think the DMX is a PSD any way. They sound close enough

The biggest reason we dont just buy a LMM is the cabs just aren't comfortable enough to suit dad, and well.... we like to be "different".

Sweet Chris! how are you gonna make the tilt-body work?

This should be really cool man. Since Rico's truck is dead, we can pile in your CC next year.

That will definately be different and should earn you a spot in more than one magazine. Good luck, and I can't image the electronics nightmares you will encounter.

Back