Project: T-15/51

Last week I assembled empty block and head with tranny, just to figure out the engine location and other fitment issues

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 14061.jpg
    14061.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 14062.jpg
    14062.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 14064.jpg
    14064.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 0
  • 14066.jpg
    14066.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 0
  • 14065.jpg
    14065.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 0
Today I got a call from my friend who have used truck with good cab and now he is willing to sell it to me at scrap metal price:rockwoot:

Acutally it's 1/2 of price I offered to him 2 years ago, then he decide to keep it :hehe:

Now I can cut/grind the current cab to find the best visual and technical designe.

After reading topics about supercharger+turbo combo I have idea now. I have lots of left over parts from my previous projects and maybe is good idea to start using them.

I have: 4BT rebuildable core with P-pump, new 2,0L supercharger (122cid) and good Holset He451vgt (60mm)

Together with 13mm p&b and with good injectors like 5x18, it should be powerful setup

Seme size setup for 6BT should be: 3,0l supercharge and 80mm turbo, this type setup have done before with good results

update: set of high speed (speed index 168mph) Kumho 295/45-20 have arrived .
Also set of light weight 20 inch wheels have ordered, should be here after few weeks.

Still looking good deal about Gear Vendors overdive and Cummins 12v billet front cover with Waterman fuel pump

Now, few days after I have ordered the set of wheels, I found super nice and expencive set

attachment.php

Attachments

• MR_305_Machined-1001_8949ace1-8688-4ef0-9484-cab002ca429e_large.jpg
    MR_305_Machined-1001_8949ace1-8688-4ef0-9484-cab002ca429e_large.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 0
I got my billet covers from Jesse @ Eatsoot.com. Makes some really nice pieces and for the price can't be beat. Not sure on shipping though since you are over seas. Cool project man!

Finally I found almost ideal Dana 80 gear set for one mile top speed race, with 3.31 ratio I do not need the Gear Vendors. :woohoo:

My Dana 80 have drum brakes insted Aam11.5 , but for Aam the lowest is 3.4x something

I found nice picture from Internet

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1948 Commer.jpg
    1948 Commer.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 0
Today I had bit time to work with it.

I can't fit in if the seat is at the top of feame :soap: , the cab must be 4 inch higher (from frame) than currently it is, also the cab must be extended minimum 8 inch (no room for legs and steeringwheel)

The front suspension must be 4 inch lower (need to convert to coilovers) and rear leaf springs must be converted 4-link with coilovers becase the leaf springs will take too much room outside of the frame

I think QA1 coilovers should be good choice , lots of rodders use them

I found nice Hot Rod project pictures from Internet.
394972566.jpg

40 Dodge with 32 Ford grill, Vette suspension and wheels, home made frame ...:rockwoot:

394471707.jpg

394396783.jpg

With best Borat voice: Very nice, how much?

Update:

Today I got hard to find new driver door :rockwoot:, I feel like I have won the lottery...., now the hardest part : i need one more:hehe:

Yesterday I got new rodunded grill from old russian military 6x6 truck.

The grill upper part it bit too big and hight, but basig designe is good

attachment.php

And one picture more

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 0
Today I got from swap meet, the nice old set of bullet headlights.

They were originally in the 1938 Opel Super 6, visually they are close to '38 chevy bullet headlights.

The lenght is 10 inch and diameter 7-3/4

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 0
Sorry, I have no idea how to rotate the picture, my Ipad shows it correct way ,but in my post is rotated.

Advice, just rotate the display to see it correctly:lolly:

The super single will look nice, but it is out of my budjet.

Yesterday I got old russian military truck folded up style hood and today I did the test fit, not bad.

attachment.php

I also did some testing with Paint (cut-copy-paste) to get idea how the cab will look with 10 inch extension and 2 inch chop.

attachment.php

The next step will be :t o remove front springs and install spacer to get correct ride hight and start building rear 4 link suspension, because the leaf springs do not fit under rear fenders

Attachments

• HR1.jpg
    HR1.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 0
  • HR1 extended3.jpg
    HR1 extended3.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 0
Back