Propane and a Spartan Fuel Economy Tune

Big O

Hey guys! I have a 2004 F-250 6.0L. The only add-on I currently have is a Silverline 4" Turbo-Back Dual Exhaust. I am considering adding the Superchips Digital Propane Injection and a Custom Tune from Spartan that takes this into consideration. I would like to know if anyone is currently using this system and what their thoughts are about it. Or just someone's opinion about this idea. I am looking at it for fuel economy purposes (and yes I know you have to factor in the cost of propane before anyone mentions this). I still think I will be able to save by doing this even with the cost of the propane.

Thanks for all your help!

propane is cheaper than diesel so if your displacing something more expensive with something less expensice then your saving money......also the ps2k kit gives me around 4 mpg extra....after figuring pane used its still about 1.5 mpg extra overall!

Are you running a tune along with the pane? If so, what are you running? I have been told that I shouldn't put it under a load with the pane. I tow about 5,000 to 6,000 lbs daily. You think that presents a problem?

i have ran tow, street, and race files with pane. i have mine set to add dyno proven 80 rwhp with a race file...also shaved off .45 off my 1/8 mile track time......and YES, you do need to be custom tuned when running higher level performance files becasue propane adds timing and too much timing = boom...also when starting out using pane, you need to start out with it on a low setting and gradually turn up the flow until you are happy or until you hear the engine rattle differently than it should, and then you need to cut it back some and your good. also i have towed a bunch with pane...yeilds better mpg like that too and i usually tow around 10K. sorry it took a while to respond, forgot about this thread, pm if you have any other questions!
Darin

Back