Pros and cons from M&H drag radial to cheater slicks

WRONG!!!

You DO NOT want Caltracs pre-loaded when in a static position if foot braking!! They should be set to the recommended pre-load when in a brake boosted condition only which typically puts the pin 3/8-1/2" OFF the spring in the static position.

Pre-loading Caltracs in the static position is correct only when using a transbrake.

This adjustment change only was the difference between a hopping, inconsistent 1.50-1.55 60' to a consistent, smooth 1.40-1.42 60' in a 6,800 lb. truck.

Greg SHHHHH!!!!

WRONG!!!

You DO NOT want Caltracs pre-loaded when in a static position if foot braking!! They should be set to the recommended pre-load when in a brake boosted condition only which typically puts the pin 3/8-1/2" OFF the spring in the static position.

Pre-loading Caltracs in the static position is correct only when using a transbrake.

This adjustment change only was the difference between a hopping, inconsistent 1.50-1.55 60' to a consistent, smooth 1.40-1.42 60' in a 6,800 lb. truck.

I have had mine pre loaded for two seasons not knowing any better!! I'm going to try going to two leafs in the back and no pre load. Hopefully it squats the rear and goes!!

Back