Prostreet trucks for sale????

Money

Jason my wife has not worked in a couple of years. I do most everything myself. It doesn't cost me as much as it might some others. There is no BIG MONEY in our sport yet. Thank god! If there was it would take the fun out of it. As of now there is a fairly good chance one out of 4 or 5 people can win. That makes it fun in my book. Just like Scheid, Hypermax or Power Service in my class anyone can and has won. Sometimes its not about being the fastest. I can promise everyone they have a boat loads more money in theres than I have in mine. Lets just go to the races and have fun. That's what it should be about.

I'm just old and tired! I've got a beautiful wife, three grand kids, and I want to spend time with all of them. I'm not totally leaving the sport, just need to back up and regroup! The people in the diesel industry are like no others on earth. Great bunch of guys and gals as a whole. I'm giving someone a chance to "play with the big boys" very cheap. I'll always be around.

Gary, You know I love ya like a brother and I'm here for you what ever you do! and I certainly understand the money, I'm having a hard time paying for my 2 trucks, I do get a lot of help from some very generous company's and people and it still breaks my pocketbook. and I just want a 11.90/12.0 second truck and a 13/14 sec 4X4. I myself tried the traveling and driving to TX took me 2 weeks to recover so I don't see that happening again! but I do think the 11.90/12.0 class as being the next somewhat affordable class, that is fun! and I hope to convince you to come back to that class sometime Gary, Because that was where you had the fun at!

i enjoy watching others spend money.

LOL

I broke something in the tranny last night testing but unless it's the plantetary it will only cost a couple hundred dollars to fix. If it's the plantetary it's around 1K. I think I just smoked the clutches. It's a lot cheaper and i'm not sure why others have not went this route. It only takes about 10 min to get the tranny out. I can almost go to walmart and get tranny parts now. lol

I keep thinking this about my Fordota (yes, it's still around LOL ). I know it'll be really easy to work on and I think I'm just gonna slap a 600-700ish fuel setup on it and then add da juice. Should keep everything nice and simple and if it breaks it shouldn't cost all that much. And I'm not building it to fit any particular class, just going to make sure it meets all required NHRA safety rules for whatever it ends up running. If I end up having to run the ET class then that's what I'll run, lol.

With my Z nearly done and my ZMBYKLR truck about done, I think next year I REALLY will be back on the Fordota, lol.

Jason my wife has not worked in a couple of years. I do most everything myself. It doesn't cost me as much as it might some others. There is no BIG MONEY in our sport yet. Thank god! If there was it would take the fun out of it. As of now there is a fairly good chance one out of 4 or 5 people can win. That makes it fun in my book. Just like Scheid, Hypermax or Power Service in my class anyone can and has won. Sometimes its not about being the fastest. I can promise everyone they have a boat loads more money in theres than I have in mine. Lets just go to the races and have fun. That's what it should be about.

That's impressive with out your wife helping out with the bills. I see some folks saying "I do it on $XX" but most don't let on that their wife makes $XXX (pun, intended?). :)

I do agree that money is a major factor, diesel parts are so high to be competitive. IMO i believe that if parts will come down in price more people will build truck to race and have fun with, not every truck has to burn down the world or be the baddest truck on the planet, just be competitive and make rounds!

Time is a factor but we tend to make it a family affair so there is no time lost with kids. But that does keep us from traveling to far from home to attend all the events we would like to.

We need to figure out a way to put people in the stands to come watch! Then that will lead them to go try it once, then they would be hooked.

like i said before i dont understand how pulling attracts so many people? it will never make since to me.

I'm with ya on the pulling vs racing fans in the stands. I like watching both and want both to succeed, grow, etc. BUT I can only watch so many trucks pull a sled, before I'm bored.

The setup that DHRA had in Baytown was my favorite by far. Great seating for racing and pulling. There were good crowds for both.

I do agree that money is a major factor, diesel parts are so high to be competitive. IMO i believe that if parts will come down in price more people will build truck to race and have fun with, not every truck has to burn down the world or be the baddest truck on the planet, just be competitive and make rounds!

Time is a factor but we tend to make it a family affair so there is no time lost with kids. But that does keep us from traveling to far from home to attend all the events we would like to.

We need to figure out a way to put people in the stands to come watch! Then that will lead them to go try it once, then they would be hooked.

like i said before i dont understand how pulling attracts so many people? it will never make since to me.

You wont see high-end parts drop in price too much- there is not enough demand out there to support it.

I'm with ya on the pulling vs racing fans in the stands. I like watching both and want both to succeed, grow, etc. BUT I can only watch so many trucks pull a sled, before I'm bored.

I'm just the opposite. I could watch sled pulling all day and not flinch, few trucks down the track drag racing and I'm done.

We all know motorsports is a rat race. If you aren't changing and improving year after year your behind. This is especially true for drag racing. If a drag racer doesn't improve his setup over winter, he comes out the next year behind and won't keep up.

This can be slightly different in sled pulling.I know of many trucks that can park them after the pulling season is over on blocks, bring them out the next spring and compete week after week.

Too me the cost is a major factor and always will be in any upper class Motorsport.

I like to watch drag racing as much as anyone, but 30-45 minutes between runs is a little much. I think more people would show up if the events were held during the evening.

I'm just the opposite. I could watch sled pulling all day and not flinch, few trucks down the track drag racing and I'm done.

We all know motorsports is a rat race. If you aren't changing and improving year after year your behind. This is especially true for drag racing. If a drag racer doesn't improve his setup over winter, he comes out the next year behind and won't keep up.

This can be slightly different in sled pulling.I know of many trucks that can park them after the pulling season is over on blocks, bring them out the next spring and compete week after week.

Too me the cost is a major factor and always will be in any upper class Motorsport.

It must have to do with thoes of us who have ADHD and thoes who dont lmao! Im with diesel on this one i can watch maybe 3 2.6 trucks and i was to play Russian roulette with myself lol. But the. 3.0 and unlimited i can watch because theres a total of 10

IDK about where you're at, but around here if you aren't turning wrenchs on your puller by thanksgiving/christmas changing things, you'll be behind at the first pull of the season.

It would seem to me, especially if you're an index racer, you go for multiple seasons without an upgrade except when breakage occurs, obviously. Now, if you're not index racing but rather are in heads-up racing, then yeah, I'd say its the same as pullers... turning wrenches all off season to gain a tenth for next year.

I like to watch drag racing as much as anyone, but 30-45 minutes between runs is a little much. I think more people would show up if the events were held during the evening.

As Josh said time between rounds hurts attendance. Additionally broke-bye runs where the driver breaks the beams then back out and goes back to the pits suck for the fans too!!!

When classes have a field too small to fill a 16 truck bracket, it might be better to modify the bracket and run as many pairs as possible as bye runs that idle down the track and/or back out really hurt the attendance. Fans wanting to see good racing start heading home at those times when things should be getting exciting toward the end of the day and they get let down...

Oil on a pulling track does not require the same time for cleanup that oil on the drag strip does... I think fans are willing to wait for track cleanup, but want to see good head to head racing for their time!!!

I suspect some of it is the "ricer" crowd that has infiltrated the diesel motorsports scene and made the events less fun to attend. Of course money is a big issue as stated, and in this economy there is not a lot of sponsorship money to be had. One of the online drag racing magazines did a recent editorial asking if the current focus on racing (rather than showmanship) is what is hurting the spectator turnout at regular NHRA events. I have to agree with some of his observations. I think 300' burnouts are a good part of the show (as long as you have someone else paying for tires)!

I think some showmanship, and the rekindling of some old rivalries could help bring back some of the excitement. Thoughts?

I suspect some of it is the "ricer" crowd that has infiltrated the diesel motorsports scene and made the events less fun to attend. Of course money is a big issue as stated, and in this economy there is not a lot of sponsorship money to be had. One of the online drag racing magazines did a recent editorial asking if the current focus on racing (rather than showmanship) is what is hurting the spectator turnout at regular NHRA events. I have to agree with some of his observations. I think 300' burnouts are a good part of the show (as long as you have someone else paying for tires)!

I think some showmanship, and the rekindling of some old rivalries could help bring back some of the excitement. Thoughts?

I could not agree more. If we look at the history of the NHRA, they had some very good rivalries that made their sport. They also had effective marketing behind it. The NHRDA is doing some of the marketing, but mostly out of pocket. I'm not sure if they can go the same rout or level the NHRA or NOPI can. I will say this, If the stands are full more sponsors will come to the game. Every year that I go to the SEMA show I here TCI transmissions, and Comp cams wanting to get into the game, but they would like to see numbers. This industry is quite finicky and very independent (not that it is wrong to be independent). I feel like nobody would really want the major performance parts to play until these other companies are strong and solid to compete. We do not have an infrastructure that protects the industry let alone to protect racing. Look how many tracks have closed? Redding CA. might become a 1/8 mile track. are we helping to fight for that track or any other tracks. Is the NHRA trying to help preserve it's sanctioning body.

We have a lot of issues that need to be addressed within the entire racing industry.

I would also add that EPA is also causing issues in this industry. I'm not happy with how it has been handled on both sides.

The problem with rivalries nowadays is they get too serious on the internet. You know what fills the stands here? Byron Dragway's Wheelstand Competition. Gets PACKED every year.

agree. friendly rivalries make things more interesting, much like pro wrestling. angry rivalries makes for BS drama, much like soap operas

LOL

Back