PSDPlayer vs IMELMO Deathmatch Procharger Shootout

PSDPlayer

Captain Negativity!
Ok. So I have been up for a couple of days now. And have had very little sleep. I know I talked to Chad last night at like a mile a minute around 7pm the other night at which point I was approaching 36hours of being awake.

I figured I would start this thread now. After I called Rich (Unbroken) a few nights ago after being offered an ATI Procharger F3R-139 to use on the 6.0L in the GoGoRacing Technologies, Inc. drag truck. He chuckled at me and told me Danny was going to beat me to it. Some of you may know the truck was being set up for parallel twins. I had the 6.4L manifolds on there pointing forward. Picked out the turbos. Had some crazy ideas in my head, talked with different places about stuff like wastegates from E.D. and even spent a good few hours trying to master the Airwerks website.

Anyways. So I'm standing around with some people that love to put Prochargers on EVERYTHING. I pull up the video of the Empire Diesel Procharger/Turbo combo and they went nuts. First the idea was twin D1s or Twin F1s, blah blah blah. Then someone mentioned there was a brand new F3R-139 sitting in the trailer. A little while later the owner of the 6 second 200mph Mustang arrived. I promptly asked him how much he wanted for the 139. Since he is familiar with the truck project he knew what I wanted to do with it, so the offer was made to me that he would let me have it to test out. If all goes well, we can work out some details. If it doesn't work. It goes back to sitting in the trailer. And we revisit the twins.

Richard told me to give Buddy over at Empire a call to pick his brain on the subject. So he got me the Super Secret Bat Line phone number, (which just so happens to be located on their website). I left buddy a message along the lines of "Hey this is Doug over at Direct Injection, GoGoDiesel. I'm looking at putting a F3R-139 on a 6.0L. Give me a call with questions, comments, concerns, or laughter."

I got a call back on sunday and talked to him for probably over an hour. He is deffinatley dedicated to producing a quality kit for people. And as Richard said he doesn't hide anything. Good to see there are some people that are working to get the Powerstroke the attention it deserves. Considering it came in the best looking package to start with.

But alas this thread has to take the right turn. Ding, Ding. Round one goes to PSDPlayer for going for the big boy from ProCharger. Skip the D-1 Danny, that just doesn't come close to the flamboyant Orange you stole from Paul Walker's Supra.

picture.php

Found a quick pic of the 139 over on the LS1 board. Just to show how big this thing is.

newf3.jpg

No animals or muppets were harmed in this :poke: of Danny Elmore.

But its a supercharger. And procharger recommended a gear drive right to the front of the engine.

I'm confused... its a super charger??

EDIT...

After looking at Prochargers website i understand what it is. The gear part(driven by the engine) is on the back side of the charger... where the turbine side would be if it was a turbo.

So its better than a Turbo.. or does it depend on what your going for? Couldnt you somehow combine with is a standard turbo to get some sort of best of both worlds setup?

Can we get a pool started on how high the heads are going to reach when they pop off? I want 3'.

Doug, if this doesn't pan out, give me a call. I have put together some new turbo's I think would work great for a twin parallel set-up.

how do you address linear spool? :D

the only plus I can see for a centrifugal over a turbo is if you're in a small tire class where you know you're going to be pedaling it

Change the gear and change the rpm its spinning at. I could have 10psi at idle. At 139mm it will move a ton of air when I want.

Doug, if this doesn't pan out, give me a call. I have put together some new turbo's I think would work great for a twin parallel set-up.

I'll give you a shout in a few. I'm going to do them side by side. I have some questions for you.

Back