Pull the motor or do the work under the hood need opinions

skyler1101

Over the winter I need a new head gasket and I'm selling turbo manifold exhaust vp44 pump and getting all different stuff now I would like to oring or fire ring it also which is more beneficial pulling motor or doing it under the hood

You can do it all with the engine in the truck. The head comes off pretty easy, get it magnafluxed.

Posted while playing HALO 4

In the truck but take a hour and pull the bumper,rad,intercoooler, hood and the supports, makes it alot easier

I'd pull the motor. It doesn't take that long, and it is so much nicer working on a motor when it's on a stand.

I pulled mine to do a cam, headgasket, studs, gaskets, and paint.

I'm glad I did, but it took me a solid 3 days to get everything perfect

Hmmmm I forgot to mention a cam also I just cannot decide for those who pulled motor how tough is it

Pull the motor alot easier to get fire rings and HG lined up when its on a stand and alot easier on your back not being bent over a core support

Plus changing tappets for a new cam is shear misery in a 2ndgen truck, pull it

I did mine in the truck, Re tapping the back holes for the arp studs are a ***** and kills your back though. If you have time id say just pull it.

Dont laugh, i know its not a ford. But How bad is it to pull the cab on a 2nd gen? Not that i have ever pulled the cab off of anything to do to repair work. Although the more people i BS with, it seems cab up repairs are the latest craze for everything.

Pull it. I was hesitant on pulling mine but glad I did. Plus it makes you want to spend more money on go fast parts cause they are easier to change while its out!

I'd like to try pulling the cab

putting 12v's back in the truck is a pain, motor mounts and the depth of the pan make it a pain in the balls every time

It's easy to do in the truck. With the head off the tappet change is even easier. I pulled the rad, intercooler and supports off and it was a breeze. Unless you have a strong engine stand you will have to set it on jack stands or leave it hanging from a chain fall. Either way it moves around when your torquing studs. Doesn't move at all when its in the truck.

Jay

Dont laugh, i know its not a ford. But How bad is it to pull the cab on a 2nd gen? Not that i have ever pulled the cab off of anything to do to repair work. Although the more people i BS with, it seems cab up repairs are the latest craze for everything.

i pull the cab to change tirs, oil, and fill up the diesel tank

Back