pullin hitches

DZS-Cummins

VooDoo
where do you guys get your materials for your pullin hitches?? i need to get mine built

What are you looking for? The material for the receiver hitch or the pulling hitch that the sled hooks to?

Either a farm supply or metal supplier... depends on what you want. Personally, I like waterjetting 1" plate into the loop I needed, it was cheaper than buying a lunette and stronger too I think.

look in the for sale sections just buy one and save your money and time

After seeing some hitches I have to ask, What is more important getting that 1" of height to get it perfect or giving getting the hitch ahead 4 more inches to gain leverage. It seem to me that every one works so hard getting that perfectly adjustable hitch but they give up getting the hitch as far ahead as possible.

I think about this, 44" from center of rear axle to hooking point. Then a wheel base of 158" plus 60" for front of weight, so 218" for most trucks from pivot point (rear axle center line) to weight 218/44= 4.955 so it you put 800 pounds on the front it creates 3,964 pounds of lift on the sled chain, (800 X 4.955) but if your hitch is at 48" then it on creates 3,633 pounds of sled lift. (218/48 = 4.542 X 800 = 3633). So the sled in turn makes the 44" hitch seem around 300 pounds heavier than the 48" hitch. It is even more with the more weight you get out front.

So how important is that last 1" of adjustment if you are giving up 4" of hitch length? I don't know. But I do know that guys with work like crazy to get the truck exactly to weight but will give up the leverage weight gain of the sled just to get a pretty adjustable hitch.

Back