Pulling her apart...

nike

"Can't have nothing!"
Yesterday, while the girlfriend was at a birthday party for her little cousin, I was able to get started on the stripdown of the truck. Here is a pic of her current state.

95stripped.jpg

The truck had some rust on the fenders and rocker panels so while doing an auto to manual swap, I decided to swap the cab and fenders from a parts truck I've had sitting around for awhile.

Ill make some updates and take pics as I go. Probably make a few performance modifications since everything will be so easily accessible! :blahblah1:

Going to order the frame coating product this week. Also looking into some sound deadening products as well....

Update: I plan to retire my mega cab (6.7L) and make this my my daily driver from here on... I would like to keep this truck to a solid 450-500hp...

Obvoiusly its best to do most of the modifications while I have the cab and fenders off of the truck. It looks like the stock 160 pump will get me the HP I'm after if I get it benched. (I have a 215 pump available but is it really necessary?)

A short list of the the MODS I KNOW I should do while its stripped down to the frame are: Lift pump, new stock headstuds, frame sealing, etc...

The stock turbo is pretty rusted and I'm kinda looking for a reson to replace it. I know the stocker over ht3b, s475 combo should get me the hp I'm after but with an nv4500 should I look into a 62/over combo with the 215 pump instead?

Sorry about the rant..

I'm fairly confident I can make the HP I'm after with the combo in mind.... I'm just wanting some opinions before I start putting this thing back together and start kicking myself in the ass later on....

nakeddually.jpg
[/IMG]

Current condition of truck....

Hoping to find time to seal the frame this week, go pick up my 5 speed, and get the bed back on the truck.... :snoop:

I have a tmf55 that would work good as a primary in that hp range.... And a 160 pump will do that easy with proper fuel pressure.

Wanna buy a new set of Cal Traks for that Dana 80? Had them made for mine and never installed them.

Update: I plan to retire my mega cab (6.7L) and make this my my daily driver from here on... I would like to keep this truck to a solid 450-500hp...

Obvoiusly its best to do most of the modifications while I have the cab and fenders off of the truck. It looks like the stock 160 pump will get me the HP I'm after if I get it benched. (I have a 215 pump available but is it really necessary?)

A short list of the the MODS I KNOW I should do while its stripped down to the frame are: Lift pump, new stock headstuds, frame sealing, etc...

The stock turbo is pretty rusted and I'm kinda looking for a reson to replace it. I know the stocker over ht3b, s475 combo should get me the hp I'm after but with an nv4500 should I look into a 62/over combo with the 215 pump instead?

Sorry about the rant..

I'm fairly confident I can make the HP I'm after with the combo in mind.... I'm just wanting some opinions before I start putting this thing back together and start kicking myself in the ass later on....

A UN benched 160 pump will do 500hp easily. Just throw some dvs and a gsk in it and your good to go there. 62/71/14 or 63/68/14 or something similar to those will do 500hp and still tow good. A set of 5x14 inj. will work well with that setup and run pretty clean for a DD.

Good luck with the build/rebuild

I have a tmf55 that would work good as a primary in that hp range.... And a 160 pump will do that easy with proper fuel pressure.

If you still have it when I get that far, I will get with you Cliff.. Saw you this weekend, just was too busy to come introduce myself.. Sorry about that

Wanna buy a new set of Cal Traks for that Dana 80? Had them made for mine and never installed them.

NO
is this a classified ad?

nope

THANK YOU!

A UN benched 160 pump will do 500hp easily. Just throw some dvs and a gsk in it and your good to go there. 62/71/14 or 63/68/14 or something similar to those will do 500hp and still tow good. A set of 5x14 inj. will work well with that setup and run pretty clean for a DD.

Good luck with the build/rebuild

My thoughts are fairly similar to those that you posted... If an off the shelp 63 BW will get me there and drive friendly, I will be looking at it very hard....

If you still have it when I get that far, I will get with you Cliff.. Saw you this weekend, just was too busy to come introduce myself.. Sorry about that

Gahhh :poke: You should have come say hi. It will most likely be sitting around still. A box stock bw63 would probably be a good turbo if you get it without the .88 housing.

swapparts.jpg

5speed.jpg

I was like a kid in a candy store yesterday!!
The NV4500 donor is a 2000 so I'm going to have to figure out something on the speedo. I traded him my 95 auto t case so Im not exactly sure how I'm going to get mph back...

Other than that, I'm excited and am looking forward to making some more progress!

Another question: I'm replacing the fuel lines since the stockers were rusted to crap. The truck has a practically brand new stock lift pump and I will run that for the meantime to focus funds in other directions.

What is the largest fuel line, feed and return, that I can run with the stock lift pump?

Got the rear portion of the frame primed today.. Slow but steady progress... I really want this thing done before the fall (deer season) but I doubt its going to happen...

framepaint2.jpg

framepaint1.jpg

Please feel free to post on other unanswered questions in this thread!:thankyou2:

The oem line would stand up better than a rubber hose. And now would be the time to put it in. nothing in the way.

Chrysler wants $210!!! That money could go towards an air dog

That look nice. Is the oem return line 3/8 od? Seemed smaller than that...

Nice build

Thanks!

On vacation this week. Hope to get to work on it some more this weekend.

Still unsure what to do about the return fuel line... Just buy the oem line from dodge? Will be installing a fuel sump on this truck while I have it apart... Will wait on a LP until the sticker hinders me or takes a dump

Back