pulling hitch

jktcummins

24v GOD!!!! HAHAHA
Ok so is it legal to build a hitch that goes inside the frame rails???? Or does it have to mount on the bottom side of the frame.

Think about this if u use a bolt on bump the brakets for the bumper are inside the frame so how can that even be legal.

The deal is i want to build a hitch that i can leave my bumper on and just cut a hole where the license plate is and put my clevis set up in the reciever. Yall get what i am talking about???????????

I want to do this so i dont have to use my bumper to pull the sled i already bent it once. And i dont want to have to pull the bumper off every pull.

thats basically what i did. I took some 4x4 angle iron and bolted them to the inside of the frame, with the horizantal part on top of the frame. Then welded a peice of 2x2x1/4 square tubing near the top of the angle, but still inside the frame. I also did the same thing about 6" behind the riecever bar, and put braces between them. Techs have been happy with it so far.

as long as you build a receiver that still takes a 2" reese style hitch slide in then i don't see the issue with it. Behrdzl on here did the same thing, maybe PM him and see if i has some pics of it.

When I put my roll pan on, in the beginning of this year, I made a new hitch so that it would come out behind the licence plate. It sits inside the frame rails. Some have taken a peek up under the truck at it, but so far no one has questioned it. Like TJ said as long as its a 2" reciever style hitch I don't see a prob.

Will....

Back