Pulling questions

Rollin Coal02

I'm not new to pulling, just new to mechanical injection.

I made my first pull with the p pump setup last night. And I have a few questions. What in the hell does everyone do for exhaust temps? Ignore the pyro? I couldn't get all the way into it was only running 3/4 throttle and ran about 3500rpm. And the exhaust temps were 1600*.i didn't want to take it much past that. And it ran really clean. So what are the temps for everyone else that's just barreling out smoke?

The other thing is containing boost.i constantly blow the connections at the intercooler. I'm using spring loaded clamps with clear spray paint on all the connections to make them stick. And that didn't seem to help any since I blew a boot. I'm seriously thinking of v-banding everything.

I ran 4th gear low 3.55's with 35" tires so that puts me at 30mph at 4k. Ran 1600* 3/4 throttle and 70-80psi I ran water... I know it's not nearly enough but I couldn't get another pump and nozzles in time.

Here's a vid. I have to get one up on YouTube when I get done with work

Welcome to Facebook

Last edited:
Put some tape over that pyro and forget about the temps. I've ran 2k+ on many runs and was told not to worry about it.

For your boot issue.. Are you running stock boots? Are they just blowing off the end or did you rip one open? I had the same issue, but solved it with new silicone boots, spring clamps and a $hit load of hair spray.

Turnbuckle your boots. You want the truck overfueled but if your injection pump is maxed not much you can do there. Run it wide open and see what your temps are.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Yeah running the compounds in my sig. I'm using BD silicone boots. And spring loaded t bolts. I used clear spray paint on all the connections inside and out to help make it stick.

The only thing more I can do is gorilla glue the effers on there, or v band them.

As far as turnbuckles go can you explains more? I think I know what your talking about. By attaching both clamps together somehow? Does someone make something for that?

Serious note... Collin said he sees 2k what else everyone running for temps?

1800+ every time guage only reads that high. 12v and stock pistons yet with 25 or so pulls over past two years

1900-ish

dont vband because it will break the piping unless you mount your intercooler to your engine.

weld some shark fins on the piping and wire between them to keep the forces off the boots

Since you have 'cc's in your sig, I am guessing you already had the pump maxed? What DV's are you running? seems a little low on fuel, and a little low on timing if you have a 475 and a cam.

e2y2ajyn.jpg

This is how I do mine

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Heres the youtube vid
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tbodM8lDMs"]Justin Roffers - outagamie county fair pull - YouTube[/ame]

Sorry havent updated the signature. Pump is maxed out, and im at 28* of timing. was told i have modified 131's but they look stock to me. none of the collar is machined down. thanks for all the help ill have to give the turnbuckles a try! i think im going to hook the truck to a tractor tomorrow and give it another try before i hit the track again.

Like others have said, I wouldn't worry about watching the pyro, yea it'll get hot but it doesn't hurt anything really cuz it's only for a short amount of time. Kinda the same when drag racing, I don't even look at that gauge. Now it's a different story when I'm towing something on the street, I wouldn't hold it at 1800* for miles an miles cuz then you'll melt stuff.
How much water are you spraying right now? You might be able to up that a little to gain some more cooling.
For the boot situation, I've never heard of using clear spray paint, I've always used hairspray to keep mine on an when that doesn't work, then I strap them together similar to what was shown above

I'm just using a 200psi pump, 10gph and 14gph nozzles. Was planning on adding another pump and using 4 14gph nozzles. The hairspray didn't work for me so I used spray paint. It's alot tackier when it dries than hairspray. It's just something I thought of that I felt would work better than the hairspray.

1800 have a buddy who I pull against who pegs a 2k gauge every weekend like everyone else says tape the gauge and forget about it

Back