Pulling with no air filter

kxhonda

Not gonna do that again.

P4270289.jpg

Yea, I know a lot of people say they pull without it. Anybody know if s300 wheels are balanced separately like the holset wheels are or is the turbine and compressor balanced together?

2 pulls 2 chargers last year. now we run a filter also. it hurts to run one but it hurts worse to buy a new charger

I know guys who dyno or drag with no filter but pulling I imagine gets expensive!

Will never do it, buddy of mine says he can get about another 3lbs of boost but winning $200 at a pull dont cover a $1500 charger! But at national pulls like TS and Scheid i will proably run without a filter!

What kind of filter are you guys running with at 700 hp or so? I did a little 2 gear blast in the shop lot the other day and now i have a flat airfilter, never had a problem at 613 hp pullin or on the street. I have an amsoil filter and its at least 15 long 7 round. I let off in 2nd cause of a hole in front of me and i thought i caught the boost gauge no higher than 40psi. Next day i lifted the hood and the filter looked like problem child had it for 5 minutes with a vise.

yea my filter done looks like a problem child has had it to but i gna stick to running a filter.

Like a "problem child" got a hold of it! Think about it! They destroy things!

run a better filter setup?

on a competition rig, you should have plenty of room for two big filters Y'd into the inlet of your turbo

run a better filter setup?

on a competition rig, you should have plenty of room for two big filters Y'd into the inlet of your turbo

i was thinking the same thing, if its a competition only truck just run the biggest filter(s) possible......i would never do something like that on a pulling truck, drag strip or dyno, probably, but not a place where there is alot of DIRT.....

anyone remember the dodge that was pulling around ohio a few years back with the big stack of 14x3" round K&N filters through the hood, like 3 of them i think......reminded me of economy mod tractors back in the day....

Did not run 1 last year and as of now dont plan to run 1 this year.
Brandon

Lotsa tractor pullers don't run one...

that is true and they will tell ya that it will hurt your HP to run one, but they don't have a charger a foot and a half away from a tire threwing dusty loose dirt at it.

I never ran one on my first puller and never had a problem but the ltest truck has tought me that it only takes one dusty track to kill a charger

that is true and they will tell ya that it will hurt your HP to run one, but they don't have a charger a foot and a half away from a tire threwing dusty loose dirt at it.

I never ran one on my first puller and never had a problem but the ltest truck has tought me that it only takes one dusty track to kill a charger

The tractors front tires aren't always on the ground kicking up dirt either which definitely helps out.

Back