Purge for spool?

Dalpilot

Joe Nobody!
I am planning on running the purge line right into the intake and using it to spool the turbo's. Should I use a very small jet for that, or what size is recommended?

I used a .050 jet for spool on my 98...with the GT42R and my converter, I would turn it on at 1500 RPM and leave it on from then on...it like the nitrous for spooling:D

Chris

No, no, no...start big and work down :hehe:

I wouldn't just push the button and hold it...my setup was a little different:D

Chris

Good idea...my only pass when my nitrous worked correctly fragged a GT4088R with a whopping 125 miles on it, with the .050 spool shot

I did beat the Cobra Mustang, and shoot flame 4' out my exhaust though:D
Chris

Tim, go and buy the nx progressive controller. Works awesome, I have mine set to spray 2% at 3psi and go up from there. You dont have to fool with jets or buttons or anything like that,

My purge was wired up in the staging lanes at the track...wires wrapped around the battery terminals with a toggle switch and enough wire to reach the passenger seat...it was voice activated when I yelled hit it:D

Then I wired it correctly, and had nothing but trouble after that:D
Chris

My purge was wired up in the staging lanes at the track...wires wrapped around the battery terminals with a toggle switch and enough wire to reach the passenger seat...it was voice activated when I yelled hit it:D

Then I wired it correctly, and had nothing but trouble after that:D
Chris

TRUE STORY,IDK,LOL

Should I use a very small jet for that, or what size is recommended?

Depends on how hard it is to spool against the converter on the tree... after fueling is dialed in, use the jet(s) size that give quickest spool on the line.

Last season we planned on a 68 to start, but went right to a 92 when we found out how tight the converter was.

I think for what hes wanting to do a simple push button would be the easiest route, hes just wanting to spool the turbos not get down the track with the nitrous. The controller would be great but for the price of the controller he could make a complete setup to spool the turbos and buy a good bit of jets.

I'm not against a controller for now, I just want to get used to the truck first and figure I should go ahead and plumb up what I think I will need for now.

gotcha. If it helps tim, I used a 50hp solenoid no jet before I got the progressive controller. Worked great, you could either hook it up to a button or use a hobbs switch set to a small amount of boost

The smallest sol. used that I know of is the NOS power shot or the like, they flow .073" and Can be a hell of a 'lot' more than a 50hp gain... at least in a over fueled old school 12v. Obviously nitrous gains are directly tied in to the amount of 'extra' fuel one has present when the system in armed. Every engine, tune up, ect. has to find thier own way of making it work for them, in a proper sized set of twins or slightly large for a given convertor using a touch to get spooled then let the engine do it's thing could totally make since to me. A little can go a long way if every thing else is right.
Ryan

Back