purple monster...

well guys ive been lookin at the ats' tranny and converter...i was wondering if i would need the co pilot for the converter lock up or would the sct be able to do wat the co pilot does? thanks

I have only read about them in different forums, and have gathered this:

People who use ATS trannies, seem to use alot of them in the same truck...if you know what I mean.:badidea:

well woodruff is a dealer of ats...and they are like 20 minutes away from me...and josh woodruff is a stand up guy and he told that he has never had any problems with ats warrantying the trannys...but i will talk to him about suncoast to...thanks for the feedback!

With the 5r110 I would go with the shortest tow for replacement and the best customer service from the installing shop. Its not a matter of if it will break but when.$.02
And I agree with the woodruff choice, those guys are top notch!

Im in maryland, but woodruff did some machine work for me. Awesome bunch of guys (and girls) at that place.

SINNER said:
Im in maryland, but woodruff did some machine work for me. Awesome bunch of guys (and girls) at that place.

I definately agree there! they care about there work and there customers:clap:

SmokinStroke09 said:
well guys ive been lookin at the ats' tranny and converter...i was wondering if i would need the co pilot for the converter lock up or would the sct be able to do wat the co pilot does? thanks

To answer your question, no - you do not need the CoPilot for the TC lockup. Yes, you can change lockup parameters with the SCT.

The CoPilot is designed to control line pressure as well at TC lockup (line pressure isn't user-adjustable, lockup is). If you are running any kind of decent HP, it's highly recommended that you get the CoPilot. It is not a required component, however.

Also, Josh has an awesome shop - you should listen to him. He tells it like it is.

Regards,
Joel Richards
ATS Diesel Performance, Inc

Why do you need the line pressure if the Target slip times are adjustable? You can only add so much pressure before you blow out the apply piston seals. Why not just tell the pcm to put the gear together in less time?

Back